IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Found this...maybe I am wrong but looks like you will abandon your Blue and Brown cable according to their video. Data on Ethernet only requires 2 pair, POE 1 pair.

So looks like normal Ethernet Data pinout. For POE, you would put Red on pin 5 and black on pin 7. Do the same for both ends and then a coupler to connect them.

View attachment 138861
Hmm in the video he skips the red and black bc those are the 12v power connector wires. I wonder if I should try the same and then put the remaining 3 pairs where they would usually go based on their color. In that case pin 5 and pin 7 would be empty since I am "missing" striped blue and striped brown. Does that make sense?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm in the video he skips the red and black bc those are the 12v power connector wires. I wonder if I should try the same and then put the remaining 3 pairs where they would usually go based on their color. In that case pin 5 and pin 7 would be empty since I am "missing" striped blue and striped brown. Does that make sense?
As interesting as this camera wiring/pinout discussion is, keep in mind that it is off-topic to the main firmware upgrade topic.

The wiring pinout topic is well covered here:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As interesting as this camera wiring/pinout discussion is, keep in mind that it is off-topic to the main firmware upgrade topic.

The wiring pinout topic is well covered here:
Thank you so much for posting this! I'm back in business now. Sorry for derailing this thread.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just tried to update 5442TZE and failed, no brick, but the IPC was not upgraded.
Steps I did:
1. Login to the NVR -> Cameras -> Blue IE icon
2. Login to the IPC
3. Factory reset (from the web browser)
4. Upload the update file 'EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin' (from web browser)
5. Checked the firmware version, it's the same as before the update
Cannot use the Dahua config tool, since it doesn't see any of the IPCs they are all connected to the NVR (even if I connect to the NVR with cable to one of the IPCs ports, the config tool cannot see any IPC, only the NVR).
So hard to update :banghead:

(BTW, tried multiple browsers, firefox/IE, same result)

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've just tried to update 5442TZE and failed, no brick, but the IPC was not upgraded.
Steps I did:
1. Login to the NVR -> Cameras -> Blue IE icon
2. Login to the IPC
3. Factory reset (from the web browser)
4. Upload the update file 'EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin' (from web browser)
5. Checked the firmware version, it's the same as before the update
Cannot use the Dahua config tool, since it doesn't see any of the IPCs they are all connected to the NVR (even if I connect to the NVR with cable to one of the IPCs ports, the config tool cannot see any IPC, only the NVR).
So hard to update :banghead:

(BTW, tried multiple browsers, firefox/IE, same result)
If you login to the NVR via IE or even Edge (works for me) then main menu, camera list, click update, tick camera you wish to update and upload to camera that way. Always works better for me this way.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you login to the NVR via IE or even Edge (works for me) then main menu, camera list, click update, tick camera you wish to update and upload to camera that way. Always works better for me this way.
I tried this as well and got an error messgae saying the update may fail since the NVR is recording, tried to disable recording for that IPC, and tried again this time no error. But the IPC wasn't upgraded.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried this as well and got an error messgae saying the update may fail since the NVR is recording, tried to disable recording for that IPC, and tried again this time no error. But the IPC wasn't upgraded.
Oh sorry my advice didn't work. Perhaps disable recordings then reboot NVR and attempt again?

slidermike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the continued firmware updates Andy and everyone that submits features/bug fixes.
Updated (not default config) both my 5442tm-as & 5442t-ze. Zero issues so far.
SMD 3.0 V2.8 2022 Aug Version

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found the a fix to my issue.
The problem was vlan related.
I have two vlans. One for cameras and one for the rest of the house.
In order to reach the NVR from the home network I have a forwarding rule (allows only one IP from the home network to connect to the NVR).
It seems the NVR does not like this with regards of firmware updates, the NVR expects to be access using the NVR external IP.
The fix, update as paul@austins.tv described, but use a PC within the same VLAN as the NVR.
Just to be safe, I prayed to the old and new gods, before flashing the firmware.

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After updating the Firmware, I logged back into my DVR to redo my settings. I got the "install web plugin" message. Did it, but my anti virus tagged and removed it.
Filename: webplugin (1).exe
Threat name: WS.Reputation.1Full Path: C:\Users\DavidA\Downloads\webplugin (1).exe

____

____

On computers as of
9/5/2022 at 12:49:18 PM

Last Used
9/5/2022 at 12:51:18 PM

Startup Item
No
Launched
No
Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

____

webplugin (1).exeThreat name: WS.Reputation.1
Locate

Very Few Users
Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week ago.

Medium
This file risk is medium.

____

Downloaded File from 192.168.1.108
Source: External Media

webplugin (1).exe

____

File Actions

File: C:\Users\DavidA\Downloads\webplugin (1).exeRemoved

____

File Thumbprint - SHA:
350bdf15da0448ec9b33f9e3c091e1c42e17287455759290a5f1412093c513a8
File Thumbprint - MD5:
0ffb605cc8bd11b0f95eab82f08ae731

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After updating the Firmware, I logged back into my DVR to redo my settings. I got the "install web plugin" message. Did it, but my anti virus tagged and removed it.
Filename: webplugin (1).exe
Threat name: WS.Reputation.1Full Path: C:\Users\DavidA\Downloads\webplugin (1).exe

____

____

On computers as of
9/5/2022 at 12:49:18 PM

Last Used
9/5/2022 at 12:51:18 PM

Startup Item
No
Launched
No
Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

____

webplugin (1).exeThreat name: WS.Reputation.1
Locate

Very Few Users
Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week ago.

Medium
This file risk is medium.

____

Downloaded File from 192.168.1.108
Source: External Media

webplugin (1).exe

____

File Actions

File: C:\Users\DavidA\Downloads\webplugin (1).exeRemoved

____

File Thumbprint - SHA:
350bdf15da0448ec9b33f9e3c091e1c42e17287455759290a5f1412093c513a8
File Thumbprint - MD5:
0ffb605cc8bd11b0f95eab82f08ae731
You can check the file hashes in virus total:

seems clean, maybe a false positive.

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm testing my three 5442 with last firmware and only SMD enabled and I'm missing so many events.
The only one that ALWAYS works is the "human" detection of my cat :lmao::lmao::lmao:...maybe caused by the very low threshold setting (4).
Next week I'll add also some IVS rules.

There is any way to exclude the END event mail? Is very boring

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The new 220818 firmware is working just fine on all my 5445s, no issues...

Oh, I did change my Illuminator back to Auto, I previously had it turned down to help with facial washout...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Cameras were always an hour off, I just lived with it, once I added DST it fixed it. I know it sounded like an easy thing to do but all my Switches, PCs, IoT devices, etc. gets its time from my NTP Time Server on my pfSense Router. I could not understand why I needed to set DST on the CAMs since I don't have it set on my other devices.
Anyway this is what I entered:

1663157025747.png

FYI, I am in Central Time Zone...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Cameras were always an hour off, I just lived with it, once I added DST it fixed it. I know it sounded like an easy thing to do but all my Switches, PCs, IoT devices, etc. gets its time from my NTP Time Server on my pfSense Router. I could not understand why I needed to set DST on the CAMs since I don't have it set on my other devices.
Anyway this is what I entered:

View attachment 139834

FYI, I am in Central Time Zone...
If you choose week, instead of date, then you won't have to change the date every year.