IPC-T5442T-ZE dual IR - electrical tape?

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To throw in a comment from me, I have two 5442s from Andy. Both have the 2020-12-03 firmware. The bullet has two sliders but the turret only has one. I though this was a commonly understood limitation of the turret construction for some reason. Or am I wrong (yet again)?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the latest 12-03-20 update loaded and do not have the 2 IR LED selection under Manual. Just in case, I went back to Default setting and looked at the Manual IR setting, before I imported my settings. Still do not have 2 IR LED setting, just 1 scale for Manual. Evidently there was an interm release around 10-19-20 that had the 2 LED selection. I find the Auto (Smart IR) capability is still Not fully functional because of the wash out for close targets. Maybe that is a clue, the term "Smart IR" is not used anymore. I still use the manual IR setting set to around 15 to eliminate the wash out. I believe that Andy stated there will be another update this year. . . .

1615219987329.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh I thought SmartIR was fixed? It's still broken with this camera? For a while we were seeing quick updated FW to try and address it...

Firenor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the latest 12-03-20 update loaded and do not have the 2 IR LED selection under Manual. Just in case, I went back to Default setting and looked at the Manual IR setting, before I imported my settings. Still do not have 2 IR LED setting, just 1 scale for Manual. Evidently there was an interm release around 10-19-20 that had the 2 LED selection. I find the Auto (Smart IR) capability is still Not fully functional because of the wash out for close targets. Maybe that is a clue, the term "Smart IR" is not used anymore. I still use the manual IR setting set to around 15 to eliminate the wash out. I believe that Andy stated there will be another update this year. . . .

View attachment 84220
Same here. I just did the upgrade and now have version V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03 and I can also confirm that it does not have option for dual led control. Too bad!

Is it possible to downgrade to the version that does have this setting? Anyone has it?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 84220
If you’re saying the interim release 10-19-20 5442 turret had the 2 IR selection handinpalm, I’d say this was a mistake. Its surface area is smaller than the bullet and therefore able to dissipate less heat. The power supply has a correspondingly lower rating. Overdriving the LEDs will undoubtedly cause premature failure. Take care with the slider settings! (or play safe and update the firmware)