IPC-HDW5442TM-AS - ONVIF alerts not working... suggestions?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using BI and have 8 cameras, but for some reason two of my cameras (both IPC-HDW5442TM-AS) wont get any ONVIF triggers from IVR.

I've tried factory reset, latest firmware etc.

As mentioned my other cameras work without any issues. Starting to think it's faulty cameras?

Is there any way to actually do a test 'trigger' from the camera itself like on BI how you can right click the camera and do "trigger now" to replicate a real trigger just to make sure it's actually sending the ONVIF event to BI... or to see if ONVIF is not working at all?

Also, is there a tool where you can rip all data from the ONVIF camera? like a debug log to see if it triggers?

Any suggestions?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably need to post screenshots of your IVS settings for your camera so we can see if its all enabled correctly. And do the same for BI in the camera settings page to make sure that BI is setup properly to receive those triggers.

I did notice that when BI wasn't getting ONVIF triggers for one of my cameras, I needed to hit the "Inspect" button in BI again for said camera. That seemed to fix whatever problem I had on that one specific camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, is there a tool where you can rip all data from the ONVIF camera? like a debug log to see if it triggers?
ONVIF Device Manager will show lots of info about any ONVIF devices it finds in the same IP address range as the PC.
Including any ONVIF events that the device sends and the rules it supports.

Give ODM some valid logon credentials, top left of the window.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Some times you have to write down the settings and delete a bad camera. Then add a new camera, copying a camera that works,
and see if the problem camera works. Then you can change setting like you had them and see if it still works.

With soooo many settings in BI, it is easy to get one off and not find it without comparing the 2 side by side.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Here is some screenshots:

1. Screenshot -- IVS1
2. Screenshot - IVS2
3. Screenshot - Smart plan

Camera setup on BI:
1. main screen: Screenshot
2. Trigger page: Screenshot

When I re-run "find/inspect" it shows:
Code:
Opening 192.168.1.153 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2021-04-30T21:03:30.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: General
Model: IPC-HDW5442TM-AS
FirmwareVersion: 2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date 2020-12-03
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token MediaProfile00000
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_MainStream
profile source is 00000
profile source config is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00001
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream1
profile source is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00002
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream2
profile source is 00000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00001
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00002
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at your IVS screen, you do not have object detection selected, so the IVS rule isn't being triggered.

Add object detection and select human and you should get it then.

Also, do you have an SD card in the camera to confirm that the IVS triggers are working?

And since you are not using the admin as the user, make sure that this username and password is showing up under the ONVIF tab in the camera. That has tripped people up as well as only the admin username is in there by default and you need to manually add any other usernames created into the ONVIF tab.

Last edited:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at your IVS screen, you do not have object detection selected, so the IVS rule isn't being triggered.

Add object detection and select human and you should get it then.
hmm are you sure? all my other cameras work fine without the object selected... because i dont trust dahua ivs doing the object detection... that's why i am using blue iris deepstack integration..

And since you are not using the admin as the user, make sure that this username and password is showing up under the ONVIF tab in the camera. That has tripped people up as well as only the admin username is in there by default and you need to manually add any other usernames created into the ONVIF tab.
yes done all this as well. still no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow - I have found the Dahua IVS to be better, as have many of us here. So if you do not trust the IVS, then simply do not do ONVIF trigger to BI and let BI motion detection trigger the response to send to DeepStack AI?

Depending on your computer, you may experience a significant lag, delay, or missing of the AI trying to do both.

I have tested all different ways and in my experience, using the camera ONVIF trigger AND DeepStack has been more problematic than simply using either the ONVIF AI trigger or BI Motion Detection. Now of course using the camera AI you do not get the nice rectangle around the object.

As with most things, YMMV.

Reaction score
thanks.. tried all that no luck :( it's just these two cameras .... the rest (same camera) work fine.
Did you ever resolve this ?
I'm setting up a new system and have the same issue.

Non of my cams will work with IVS / ONVIF triggering from the camera to BI but if I configure the camera Setting / Video Detection / Motion detection they trigger BI via ONVIF (but not with IVS).

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After searching the forum without much luck, I finally got ONVIF triggers on my IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras to be received by Blue Iris. In my case, I'm pretty sure that the admin account wasn't working correctly as an ONVIF user, so Find/inspect wasn't actually working. Rather than trying to get the admin account working properly I had success by adding a new dedicated ONVIF user account to the camera, and then using that account in Blue Iris to access and configure the camera.

Here is what worked for me...
  1. Open a browser and navigate to the camera’s IP address.
  2. Log in using the admin account.
  3. At the camera’s user interface, go to System>Account.
  4. Select the Onvif User tab.
  5. Hit the Add User button.
  6. Add a new Onvif user. I gave it a username of ovuser and set a strong password.
  7. In Blue Iris either add a new camera, or for an existing camera, right-click on the camera and go to Camera Settings…>Video>Configure
  8. Set or confirm that the IP address is correct and that the User and Password are set to the values you used in step 6 above.
  9. Change the Discovery/ONVIF port to 80, and hit the Find/Inspect… button.
  10. When the inspection finishes, dismiss the Inspecting … window.
    if Blue Iris was able to properly interrogate the camera the Main stream under the Stream profiles section of the configuration window should be populated. Below is a screenshot of one of my IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras after a successful Find/inspect
    dahua onvif.jpg

11. If you want to make use of the substream, hit the pulldown for Sub and select the substream you want to use.
  12. Check the Get ONVIF trigger events checkbox.
  13. Click the OK button.
  14. Click the Trigger tab and make sure that the Camera's digital input or motion alarm and Trigger until reset checkboxes are selected.

Last edited: