IPC-HDW5442TM-AS - ONVIF alerts not working... suggestions?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using BI and have 8 cameras, but for some reason two of my cameras (both IPC-HDW5442TM-AS) wont get any ONVIF triggers from IVR.

I've tried factory reset, latest firmware etc.

As mentioned my other cameras work without any issues. Starting to think it's faulty cameras?

Is there any way to actually do a test 'trigger' from the camera itself like on BI how you can right click the camera and do "trigger now" to replicate a real trigger just to make sure it's actually sending the ONVIF event to BI... or to see if ONVIF is not working at all?

Also, is there a tool where you can rip all data from the ONVIF camera? like a debug log to see if it triggers?

Any suggestions?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably need to post screenshots of your IVS settings for your camera so we can see if its all enabled correctly. And do the same for BI in the camera settings page to make sure that BI is setup properly to receive those triggers.

I did notice that when BI wasn't getting ONVIF triggers for one of my cameras, I needed to hit the "Inspect" button in BI again for said camera. That seemed to fix whatever problem I had on that one specific camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, is there a tool where you can rip all data from the ONVIF camera? like a debug log to see if it triggers?
ONVIF Device Manager will show lots of info about any ONVIF devices it finds in the same IP address range as the PC.
Including any ONVIF events that the device sends and the rules it supports.

Give ODM some valid logon credentials, top left of the window.

Old Timer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some times you have to write down the settings and delete a bad camera. Then add a new camera, copying a camera that works,
and see if the problem camera works. Then you can change setting like you had them and see if it still works.

With soooo many settings in BI, it is easy to get one off and not find it without comparing the 2 side by side.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Here is some screenshots:

1. Screenshot -- IVS1
2. Screenshot - IVS2
3. Screenshot - Smart plan

Camera setup on BI:
1. main screen: Screenshot
2. Trigger page: Screenshot

When I re-run "find/inspect" it shows:
Code:
Opening 192.168.1.153 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2021-04-30T21:03:30.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: General
Model: IPC-HDW5442TM-AS
FirmwareVersion: 2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date 2020-12-03
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token MediaProfile00000
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_MainStream
profile source is 00000
profile source config is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00001
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream1
profile source is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00002
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream2
profile source is 00000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00001
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00002
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

TheDank

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @joshwah, I think I know what the problem is. It has tripped me up a few times with onvif triggers from Dahua cams in BI.

When you do the find/inspect, as you did, it works for almost everything, but not onvif triggers. If you add a param to the Stream profile, it should work. It needs "authbasic={AUTH64}". So you can either add that, as in:
"/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif"

Or if, when you configure the video tab, instead of doing find/inspect, you can set the Make to Dahua and Model to *Main Stream RTSP.

Either way will add that authbasic param to the URI.

You shouldn't need to delete/re-add the camera.

Make: Dahua and Model: *Main Stream RTSP might also fill in some other values slightly differently, such as the Discovery/ONVIF port to 8999 instead of 80, but it should still work. If not, compare it to one of your cameras that it's working with and you should be able to get it all right.

Anyways, it's that authbasic param that should fix it. Unless something else is wrong somewhere also. :) But it's a good next step.

wittaj

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at your IVS screen, you do not have object detection selected, so the IVS rule isn't being triggered.

Add object detection and select human and you should get it then.

Also, do you have an SD card in the camera to confirm that the IVS triggers are working?

And since you are not using the admin as the user, make sure that this username and password is showing up under the ONVIF tab in the camera. That has tripped people up as well as only the admin username is in there by default and you need to manually add any other usernames created into the ONVIF tab.

Last edited:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at your IVS screen, you do not have object detection selected, so the IVS rule isn't being triggered.

Add object detection and select human and you should get it then.
hmm are you sure? all my other cameras work fine without the object selected... because i dont trust dahua ivs doing the object detection... that's why i am using blue iris deepstack integration..

And since you are not using the admin as the user, make sure that this username and password is showing up under the ONVIF tab in the camera. That has tripped people up as well as only the admin username is in there by default and you need to manually add any other usernames created into the ONVIF tab.
yes done all this as well. still no luck.

wittaj

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow - I have found the Dahua IVS to be better, as have many of us here. So if you do not trust the IVS, then simply do not do ONVIF trigger to BI and let BI motion detection trigger the response to send to DeepStack AI?

Depending on your computer, you may experience a significant lag, delay, or missing of the AI trying to do both.

I have tested all different ways and in my experience, using the camera ONVIF trigger AND DeepStack has been more problematic than simply using either the ONVIF AI trigger or BI Motion Detection. Now of course using the camera AI you do not get the nice rectangle around the object.

As with most things, YMMV.