IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks... and good call re the custom model folder: by default, the yolov5l.pt file is in the "assets" folder, but I had it looking in the "custom-models" folder. I copied it to the custom models...Fixed...

CAL7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just read all 761 posts in this thread and now I can't find the one I'm looking for. Using CP.AI, I'm going to switch to @MikeLud1 's general and animal custom models. But, in the interest of efficiency, I'm happy for all the animals to be combined into one "animal" classification. I thought I read some posts back that General was going to eventually include a catch-all animal category. But I can't confirm. Is that right?

mythosmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I downloaded the custom models from a github page I just wanted to confirm I am configured correctly as I dont see any obvious log for integrated deepstack - Thanks for taking a look

1672855929339.png
1672855986167.png
1672856019050.png

To confirm: person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all,

I downloaded the custom models from a github page I just wanted to confirm I am configured correctly as I dont see any obvious log for integrated deepstack - Thanks for taking a look

View attachment 149939
View attachment 149940
View attachment 149941

To confirm: person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig
First thing I noticed is you should remove all the spaces in the "To confirm:" field from this:

1672858218212.png

to this:
1672858294311.png

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Should it be custom_models or MyModels? It probably doesn't matter as long as you have the correct path to your custom models.

mythosmc

n3wb
Reaction score
I adjusted the to confirm field. On the MyModels post i did repoint to the 'custom' folder i created :)

Thanks

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Per the help file, all custom models need to be in it's own separate folder or DeepStack will go wonky. It defaults as MyModels folder.
Trying to get DS working again. Last BI updated messed up the AI (FOMO). I know I should have heeded your recommendation of not updating if everything is working ok. At least I haven't jumped on the CPAI yet, been watching the thread everyday though.

Anyway, where can I get the help file for installing DS with Mikes custom models?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to get DS working again. Last BI updated messed up the AI (FOMO). I know I should have heeded your recommendation of not updating if everything is working ok. At least I haven't jumped on the CPAI yet, been watching the thread everyday though.

Anyway, where can I get the help file for installing DS with Mikes custom models?

Thanks
Yeah, one of the reasons why I am sitting on a BI version that still supported Deepstack. The help file isn't really helpful for this in a sense of it simply tells the user to put any custom files in that MyModels folder.

And then in each camera you want to use DS, you tell it which model to use or not use. Screenshots can be found in this thread.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thanks
How did it stop working? I'm on the latest version of BI and Deepstack still works for me. On some of the BI upgrades Deepstack would seem to timeout but a reboot of the machine usually clears it right up.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did it stop working? I'm on the latest version of BI and Deepstack still works for me. On some of the BI upgrades Deepstack would seem to timeout but a reboot of the machine usually clears it right up.
After updating to 2/09, it just timing out after analyzing ran in the 10000ms. Went back to 2/3 stable and it started working again. Tried 2/12 this morning (usually wait a day to see if people report problems) and same timed out started happening again. Went back to 2/3 but still was getting AI timed out. Tried repair db, restarted computer, nothing helped.
Finally uninstalled DS and did a reinstall. Got it back working, just had to remember to have the .pt in the MyModels folder. I knew I had to have the General file in there and within it had the .pt file.
So, the file order was DeepStack--->MyModels--->GeneralV3.1---->general.pt.
It has to be DeepStack--->MyModels--->general.pt to work.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting the machine? That is what fixed the timeout issues after I upgraded BI versions.

PeteyPete

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting the machine? That is what fixed the timeout issues after I upgraded BI versions.
I've found with the GPU version that sometimes it needs a full power cycle too. I don't know if it's the version of CUDA drivers I'm running and they have a bug, but a soft restart can be unpredictable.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've started playing with using the "animal" and "combined" models but I'm curious whether I need to list all of the identifiers?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anybody update to BI 5.7.0.5 (2/22/23) with no issues with DS on CPU?

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured out how to download the images that DeepStack used to train the object model. With these images I can start to make the community custom DeepStack model, below are the steps to create the custom model.

The first step would be to create a new DeepStack custom model using the same image that DeepStack used but removing all the labels we do not want. Below is a list of the labels that I think we should keep and a list of labels we should remove. Please let me know if I should change the lists.

The second step would be to start adding new labels with images that everyone contributes to the custom models.

Thanks to @105437 for contributing images.
Combined LabelsGeneral Labels
(includes dark models images)
Animal LabelsDark LabelsLabels removed from Deepstack original model
person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

Future Labels:
coyote, possum
person,vehiclebird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear,
deer, rabbit,
raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

Future Labels:
coyote, possum
Bicycle, Bus, Car, Cat, Dog, Motorcycle, & Personairplane, train, boat, traffic light, fire hydrant, stop sign, parking meter, bench, elephant, zebra, giraffe, backpack, umbrella, handbag, tie, suitcase, frisbee, skis, snowboard, sports ball, kite, baseball bat, baseball glove, skateboard, surfboard, tennis racket, bottle, wine glass, cup, fork, knife, spoon, bowl, banana, apple, sandwich, orange, broccoli, carrot, hot dog, pizza, donut, cake, chair, couch, potted plant, bed, dining table, toilet, tv, laptop, mouse, remote, keyboard, cell phone, microwave, oven, toaster, sink, refrigerator, book, clock, vase, scissors, teddy bear, hair dryer, toothbrush
Combined V2.0 Training Results:​
General V3.1 (includes dark models images) This model was trained by @Futaba Training Results:​
Animal V2.0 Training Results:​
Dark V1.0 Training Results:​
Was this custom model ever built ? Can I use the custom model ?