IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is "lplate_char.pt"? Do you have to have that for the license plate model to work?
Also, if you use license plate model on a cloned cam should you put "objects:0,general:0" in custom models.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is "lplate_char.pt"? Do you have to have that for the license plate model to work?
Also, if you use license plate model on a cloned cam should you put "objects:0,general:0" in custom models.
The license plate model just detects a license plate in a image and the lplate_char.pt model detects characters A-Z and 0-9. the two models are used with DeepStack ALPR that a made.
There is a newer version of ALPR that is included in CodeProject.AI

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is BI log and AI analysis details showing for a canceled alert
Hmm...looks like not responding and timeouts?

Where can I find the .dat files or AI analysis details to drop into the AI tab?

1698630548004.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm...looks like not responding and timeouts?

Where can I find the .dat files or AI analysis details to drop into the AI tab?

View attachment 176503
To see the AI analysis details go to the Canceled alerts and on any canceled alert hold down the CTRL key and double click on the canceled alert. This will open the AI analysis details for the canceled alert

1698630963898.png

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like DeepStack Custom model is not running. Try rebooting the PC to see if this helps. Another option is to switch to CodeProject.AI
Is it as reliable as DS? Yes I realize the irony in that question right now. :).

Is it easy to switch?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it as reliable as DS? Yes I realize the irony in that question right now. :).

Is it easy to switch?
I have not had issues with running it, some users have had issues with install it. When switching the custom models name changes by adding ipcam- to the beginning of the file name so general.pt is now ipcam-general.pt. They just release v2.3.2, the link to this version is below.

Reaction score
I have not had issues with running it, some users have had issues with install it. When switching the custom models name changes by adding ipcam- to the beginning of the file name so general.pt is now ipcam-general.pt. They just release v2.3.2, the link to this version is below.

Mike,

This link takes me to a new tab in Firefox, but a completely blank screen. Will the link trigger a download, or take you to a new page for 2.3.2?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Thanks, presumably I just uninstall deepstack and then install this? Are there settings different from teh ones I use currently in deepstack, and/or an install guide?

rabittn

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to only analyze with Delivery.pt if a vehicle is detected? I tried doing this by cloning cameras. One clone i set to trigger on vehicles which them triggers the group that the other clone is in which is configured for delivery.pt. Is what I am after worth it? I would rather not send multiple false alerts through delivery.pt unless a vehicle is actually detected.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to only analyze with Delivery.pt if a vehicle is detected? I tried doing this by cloning cameras. One clone i set to trigger on vehicles which them triggers the group that the other clone is in which is configured for delivery.pt. Is what I am after worth it? I would rather not send multiple false alerts through delivery.pt unless a vehicle is actually detected.
I would be interested to know if you get this working. I suppose if you had a lot of non-vehicle motion in front of your cameras (e.g. lots of foot traffic) it might make sense to cascade the detection.

Personally I don't bother and just let the clone run the delivery model. I have about 4 cameras that face forward that might trigger all around the same time and I've not had noticable problems.

Let us know how it goes.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, presumably I just uninstall deepstack and then install this? Are there settings different from teh ones I use currently in deepstack, and/or an install guide?
Bump..is there an install guide somewhere and or an easy way to move from DS to Codeproject? Assume it’s not as simple as uninstall DS and install CP?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a list of animals in the "critters" model?