I need to return my defender sentinel, need advice

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to the last several posts ^^^ re: slow NVR image access remotely and with the following addition in case it's not clear:

Many ISP's, especially ADSL, may provide a great download speed but a very slow upload speed that can slow down the remote access and playing of recorded videos of a device, like a NVR, that is having to use that slow upload speed.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like he bought their old 4k cams, if the place has poor light will be lot of troubles again, the nvr will not easy to handle all 4K cams.

kanyons

n3wb
Reaction score
No reply from the OP, perhaps there out shopping!
I liked peoples comments that were helpful. I didn't have time to reply to every comment yesterday. This is why I don't post on the Internet. People are just rude. Why do you need to try and make your new members feel like crap. I'm seeing it all over this forum. Maybe this isn't the right place for me.

Thank you to everyone that went out of your way to write something helpful. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What else is rude is asking a question and not waiting to get comments. Now people wasted their time providing recommendations when you didn't even wait 10 minutes to get sound advice and instead went out and bought something you will return.

You never thought before ordering the Amcrest to come back here and see if anyone provided suggestions or even post "Hey I found these Amcrest cameras, are they any good" instead of just buying them and then saying "I got this before I saw any replies. Did I go over board of make any stupid mistakes?" What was the purpose of your post if you were going to not even look at it?

This mentality of buy and return is why stuff costs more and we see Amazon starting to charge a return fee on some returns, plus the time you invested/wasted buying and returning different cameras would have been better spent reading and learning....buy once, cry once....

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK .. time out folks .. let's try to keep this more civil .. got some good info in this thread and so far has been useful to read ..