How to setup Dahua IVS with BlueIris?

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
None of my cameras work with IVS. Got them in February, updated the firmware on all to match. I didn't delete the camera but added a new one with only IVS settings.

I have rebooted the computer but will do so again now. I need to take a break and eat lunch.

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to latest BI, didn't work. Rolled back the 5442s firmware to
System VersionV2.800.15OG004.0.R,
Build Date: 2020-12-03

It works!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you are updating firmware, are you following these steps.
Using IE.
1-Set camera back to factory defaults.
2-Update firmware 2022-8-18
3-Reset camera back to factory defaults again.
All using IE.
4-Set camera back up from scratch, do not import any saved settings.

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you are updating firmware, are you following these steps.
Using IE.
1-Set camera back to factory defaults.
2-Update firmware 2022-8-18
3-Reset camera back to factory defaults again.
All using IE.
4-Set camera back up from scratch, do not import any saved settings.
When I first took the cameras out the box last month, no. I just clicked upgrade!

Today, I reset it 3 times, upgraded firmware to 2022-8-12, then reset it 3 times again. Did a manual setup. It did not work.

I did not adjust the Video camera name under video configure, it was pulled in as Generic/onvif using port 80. I tried changing it to Dahua in the middle of rolling back firmware, but it changed the onvif port. Then when I went back in the video configure settings, I think it changed it back to Generic. I was rolling back all cameras, so I can't really remember. Since I got IVS to work on an older firmware, I'm going to stick with that for now. Maybe in the future I'll try changing one camera forward if there is some feature that makes the 8-18-2022 firmware better. (edited).

Last edited:

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because I hate myself, I updated the firmware back to 2022-8-18 on one camera only.

I got IVS triggers to work when I turned off authentication for ONVIF. For some reason BI is not accepting the ONVIF password or the camera is not sending it on the newer firmware. I updated to the latest version of BI today. I know the ONVIF password has been an issue for some, and I did attempt to address that, see below the picture.

1678745688074.png

As mentioned in my first post and will expand here, I used the admin profile in BI. After a factory reset, noticing that IVS triggers would not work in BI, I logged into the camera and reset the ONVIF password to "match" the admin password - so basically no change. I did try making another user at some point today and when I tried that IVS triggers didn't work either. I tried Edge in IE mode.

1678745998162.png

I did a comparison between the older firmware and the newer firmware. The only notable difference in default settings is that people counting is on in the newer firmware but I don't see how that would affect IVS triggers. More notably for me, it looks like IR is turned off by default in the older firmware so that will be fun to see what happens later. I believe the newer firmware fixed an issue with IR, which is important to me.

It is about to storm here so I have to stop testing. Plus, the wife will be upset if I spend another evening on the computer working on cameras. I think I have been working on this since Friday.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one of the T5442T-ZE (V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18) . Does anyone know why his ONVIF IVS triggers make it to BlueIris when he turns OFF the ONVIF authentication but when he turns it back ON it stops working?

I never messed with ONVIF authentication and used the factory defaults. My ONVIF is turned ON in this menu and it works fine...it's the factory default but below you see he has to turn it off. The only pw/authentication stuff I changed from the factory defaults is when you first power up the new cam and create a PW for it but that's just to login to the cam. Where is the setup in this cam for ONVIF authentication? The ACCOUNT > ONVIF USER section is default. SAFETY > SYSTEM SERVICE > ONVIF SERVICE is enabled. What other settings are there in the cam to control the ONVIF authentication in the cam? Or is there something in BlueIris too?

1678808367911.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's under Network > Access Platform > ONVIF tab.

I don't think that there's any authentication set up in BI. You have the selection to get ONVIF events in the video config screen and then the checkbox if you want to use those external events under the trigger tab. That's all that I can think of related to ONVIF setup on that side.

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With the help of this thread, I finally managed to get Blue Iris to record on IVS events. I'm not sure what the issue was, probably the ONVIF source = 00000 and the Alerts > Motion Zones: uncheck.

But one issue that I have is that the recording starts late. It could be the IVS fires late as well, So when I watch a recording, I only see the "after the fact" and I miss what triggered the event.

Where do I control how much time before the event to record? Can this even be done?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
In BI, look under Camera settings > Record > Pre-trigger record time.

Also will be controlled by how you have the rules/lines set up on the camera. I don't think that there's any pre-record timing settings in the cam.

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I actually found it right after posting.
There is a pre-record on the camera but it can only be set 0-2 seconds.
Putting 10 seconds in BI really does the trick. Might have t make it even more.

I don't know why the (Dahua) Camera takes so long to trigger. It used to work better, but today I tried to get IVS to work with Blue Iris and now the camera's IVS events are so delayed that I the clips show no activity at all. The Camera's Web UI is also extremely laggy.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, if recording to the cam there's a pre-event record (mine is 0-5 sec). I meant for the IVS events specifically.

It should be near instant. Are you running things through CPAI also?

You can kind of watch the timing to see where the delay is if you bring up the status page that shows the log. Also can run the ONVIF Device Manager to see if that's picking things up faster vs BI.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alecz On my side, I haven't noticed any significant delay between Dahua IVS event and ONVIF trigger reaching BI5. Obviously, a valid concern if delay is significant.

What BI5 version are you on? Ken has improved ONVIF triggers in BI5 over a number of releases.

What is your average delay?
Are you seeing this delay with a few cameras, if so what models? Or across all cameras?

Last edited:

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The model is a budget IPC-HDW2439TP-AS-LED-S2. The camera also records to SFTP and the delay is there are well. When I watch the recordings, they begin very late after the event. This started to happen after I began messing up with BI trying to get IVS to work.
I rebooted the camera and it seems to have improved, both camera to SFTP recordings and Blue Iris.

I have two cameras, I only managed to get IVS working for this one. Now onto the next one.. Maybe I'll try a copy-settings in BI.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If it goes back to being slow, try turning off the SFTP and see if that makes a difference.