How to setup Dahua IVS with BlueIris?

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm only just trying this out now with one of my Dahua cams - and I'm noticing that after I draw the tripwire and hit 'save', the brightness on the entire image increases. It looks like it's defaulting my exposure settings.

However, if I press 'default' in the IVS settings and hit 'save', my previous exposure settings return.

Is this normal behavior? Or have I discovered a bug with the firmware?

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, I finally successfully achieved getting the tripwire to work. Turns out I didn't have authentication for ONVIF enabled in my camera settings.

However, right now it only works as a trigger to activate deepstack. I've got the tripwire running across the bottom of a gate, which is made of sheet metal (cannot see through it). So opening the gate sends a trigger just fine - and so long as I walk through the gate and make myself visible, Deepstack generates an alert.

But what if I want BI to generate an alert regardless of whether or not Deepstack detects a person?
Can I just have it 'override' Deepstack, so long as the tripwire is breached?

I don't want to turn off Deepstack, as there are other areas in the frame that I want to recognize people and animals - and eventually I want to be able to detect faces of people coming through the gate.

Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm only just trying this out now with one of my Dahua cams - and I'm noticing that after I draw the tripwire and hit 'save', the brightness on the entire image increases. It looks like it's defaulting my exposure settings.

However, if I press 'default' in the IVS settings and hit 'save', my previous exposure settings return.

Is this normal behavior? Or have I discovered a bug with the firmware?
Known bug in the firmware. What happens is it reverts the exposure setting to auto gain.

You need to set up the IVS rule first then go and set the exposure settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I finally successfully achieved getting the tripwire to work. Turns out I didn't have authentication for ONVIF enabled in my camera settings.

However, right now it only works as a trigger to activate deepstack. I've got the tripwire running across the bottom of a gate, which is made of sheet metal (cannot see through it). So opening the gate sends a trigger just fine - and so long as I walk through the gate and make myself visible, Deepstack generates an alert.

But what if I want BI to generate an alert regardless of whether or not Deepstack detects a person?
Can I just have it 'override' Deepstack, so long as the tripwire is breached?

I don't want to turn off Deepstack, as there are other areas in the frame that I want to recognize people and animals - and eventually I want to be able to detect faces of people coming through the gate.

Is there a way to do this?
Under motion settings is an "immediate actions" option and you can tell it there to send you an alert regardless of deepstack settings.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under motion settings is an "immediate actions" option and you can tell it there to send you an alert regardless of deepstack settings.
Do you mean 'send me an alert' - like to my phone?
Or do you mean generate an alert within BI? <- Because I want that one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh under BI it generates an alert, but shows as cancelled if it doesn't meet your AI criteria. Under the AI tab, simply check the box that says "show cancelled triggers on timeline" or something worded like that and then it will show all the alerts whether it met AI or not.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under the AI tab, simply check the box that says "show cancelled triggers on timeline" or something worded like that and then it will show all the alerts whether it met AI or not.
That would be a disaster because then it would show literally any bug that flies across the frame.

Is there really no option that will make a hotspot or tripwire override AI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is something missing here in communication.

You have it show alerts for things that you want AI to alert for.

You want it to alert you for other things but not bugs,etc. That requires more defining of your motion and setup.

You can have a hotspot but that would trigger for bugs.

If you only want alerts of IVS tripwire whether it meets AI or not, then you need to turn BI motion detection off.

Or you can start setting up clones to accomplish what you want.

Provide more details of what you are trying to accomplish and we can guide you to the right method.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well let's put it this way.

I'm not really concerned if a bug crosses the tripwire or hotspot - because the hotspot/tripwire itself is quite small so that'll only happen every so often.
But to have every cancelled trigger appear as an alert is wayyyy too much to weed through.

Basically, I want BI to generate an alert when:
  • The tripwire is crossed (either by people, cats or bugs. No big deal)
  • Whenever a person or cat is detected by AI anywhere else within the frame.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying I can either have one or the other, but not both - correct?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You set it up to immediate alert without going thru AI for an IVS trigger and then tell it any other trigger run it thru Deepstack.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You set it up to immediate alert without going thru AI for an IVS trigger and then tell it any other trigger run it thru Deepstack.

Ok great! So the immediate alert will be created in my 'alerts' list regardless if it doesn't detect a human or cat - but also preserve the ability for Deepstack to detect these objects in other parts of the frame? How do I do this exactly?

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i finally fix my problem, here is what fix it to me, i was using on my blue iris my admin account when setup the cameras, this admin account have a very long complicate password so i don't know if that was the problem, so i create a onvif user account with a less complex password and update my blue iris camera with that password and now no more error and the IVS Is working great, hope that can help you Geomancer
Just wanted to say thanks for this. This was the solution to my problem. My admin password has a few special characters in it an @ symbol and !. I've been trying each suggestion in this thread and reverting back to see what would work. Today I created an ONVIF user with a less complex password, I added it to the user group and then changed the user in BI and did a find/inspect. With only the camera's motion detection enabled and only an IVS rule enabled on the camera, the triggering worked exactly as it should have.

Now to do the same thing with my other cameras...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you look at the initialization page when you're setting the password you'll see that Dahua says not to use "special characters" and I think the exclamation point is one of them.

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the topic using https was discussed and that the https setting interfers with BI's capacity to fetch onvif events. I have a camera on a separate network that I quickly installed on a pole and the network cable and even connector are easily accessible for a 3rd person. This is worst practise, indeed. But no time for a decent install means dirty or no cam at all. That's why I'd like to use https.

Does anybody have some hints how to use https together with onvif events?

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post. I think I lost some as I kept rereading this thread to see if I missed anything.

I have been struggling to get IVS alerts working. I am on the same BI version as well as using the same dahua camera and firmware version as another member that only uses IVS. I'm just going to post everything and hopefully someone can think of something missed. Maybe something in the network settings?

1) Smart Plan = IVS
2) IVS = Triggers setup
3) Triggers work during live view of camera
4) I factory reset the camera and the admin password has letters and numbers only.
5) Also, I went to account then created a new user and added it in Onvif. I tried both in BI. Find inspect was identical in BI for admin and the new user.
6) Safety setting in camera has Onvif enabled. There is another spot that mentions Onvif that eludes me atm but it is on.
7) Deepstack works.
8) I disabled the firewall on my antivirus, then uninstalled it. I whitelisted windows defender, then turned off the firewall. I have AT&T router/modem that has intrusion detection, I turned that off.
9) I can connect to the webserver on my LAN.
10) Shield is armed.
11) Not sure that it matters. I'm having BI send the http requests using its own scheduler for the profiles found here Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset | Page 21 | IP Cam Talk
12) Right now, all my cameras are setup to detect IVS and motion. I'm not getting any external alerts.

Driveway1 is the same camera as driveway, but setup from scratch with IVS alerts only. I know the below is an issue.

1678714706786.png

1678713833132.png

I don't have the target filter on to catch animals. I also checked record then re-did find inspect. Again, during live view of the camera the zones are tripped.

1678713871540.png

Dual NIC. Camera NIC IP is 192.168.55.10 (I had the last section of default gateway at .254 but tried switching it).

1678715555446.png

NIC for cameras. It is considered public. I haven't messed with any settings but following the first post here Dual NIC setup on your Blue Iris Machine | IP Cam Talk

1678714878741.png
1678715024769.png

No errors on Find/inspect.

1678714419383.png

1678714442813.png

1678713974172.png

I'm using the Motion sensor since IVS is not working, but I did install a camera from scratch without that box checked. I tried trigger until reset too.

1678714041916.png

1678714188542.png

Again, one camera is duplicated with the motion zones individually turn off (A-H are unchecked there only).

1678714139153.png

I did switch to continuous as well. Nothing is stored in the new folder, everything goes to stored. Alerts has 5GB allotted and motion detection with DS works fine. Not sure if that matters.

1678714211538.png

Driveway1 setup without motion on is not getting alerts when the camera detects the trigger.

1678716126728.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post. I think I lost some as I kept rereading this thread to see if I missed anything.

I have been struggling to get IVS alerts working. I am on the same BI version as well as using the same dahua camera and firmware version as another member that only uses IVS. I'm just going to post everything and hopefully someone can think of something missed. Maybe something in the network settings?

1) Smart Plan = IVS
2) IVS = Triggers setup
3) Triggers work during live view of camera
4) I factory reset the camera and the admin password has letters and numbers only.
5) Also, I went to account then created a new user and added it in Onvif. I tried both in BI. Find inspect was identical in BI for admin and the new user.
6) Safety setting in camera has Onvif enabled. There is another spot that mentions Onvif that eludes me atm but it is on.
7) Deepstack works.
8) I disabled the firewall on my antivirus, then uninstalled it. I whitelisted windows defender, then turned off the firewall. I have AT&T router/modem that has intrusion detection, I turned that off.
9) I can connect to the webserver on my LAN.
10) Shield is armed.
11) Not sure that it matters. I'm having BI send the http requests using its own scheduler for the profiles found here Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset | Page 21 | IP Cam Talk
12) Right now, all my cameras are setup to detect IVS and motion. I'm not getting any external alerts.

Driveway1 is the same camera as driveway, but setup from scratch with IVS alerts only. I know the below is an issue.

View attachment 156695

View attachment 156686

I don't have the target filter on to catch animals. I also checked record then re-did find inspect. Again, during live view of the camera the zones are tripped.

View attachment 156687

Dual NIC. Camera NIC IP is 192.168.55.10 (I had the last section of default gateway at .254 but tried switching it).

View attachment 156698

NIC for cameras. It is considered public. I haven't messed with any settings but following the first post here Dual NIC setup on your Blue Iris Machine | IP Cam Talk

View attachment 156696
View attachment 156697

No errors on Find/inspect.

View attachment 156693

View attachment 156694

View attachment 156688

I'm using the Motion sensor since IVS is not working, but I did install a camera from scratch without that box checked. I tried trigger until reset too.

View attachment 156689

View attachment 156691

Again, one camera is duplicated with the motion zones individually turn off (A-H are unchecked there only).

View attachment 156690

I did switch to continuous as well. Nothing is stored in the new folder, everything goes to stored. Alerts has 5GB allotted and motion detection with DS works fine. Not sure if that matters.

View attachment 156692

Driveway1 setup without motion on is not getting alerts when the camera detects the trigger.

View attachment 156699
Let's try a few things:

Uncheck the Motion Zones here and in the "On Alert" option. If BI is triggering for those then it won't show it as an external/ONVIF alert.

1678721620250.png

Check the record box here:

1678721709651.png

Up the Receive Buffer to 40MB here:

1678721750435.png

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera settings - checked record on all triggers then saved.

Video, find and inspect. to pull in changes.

Trigger - motion sensor off

Alerts - unchecked boxes A-H

Buffer up to 40MB.

I had someone watch Live as I walked to make the triggers go and nothing in BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I missed one, did you uncheck this motion sensor also:

1678723339120.png

What if you turn AI in BI to none and lets make sure there isn't some weird conflict there.

Michael11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had turned that motion sensor off the first time. I knew what you meant :)

I turned AI to none, saved. Went back outside and nothing.

Then I tried trigger until reset too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a head scratcher. Everything looks right and I just confirmed it to my 5442-ZE settings.

What version BI and what version ONVIF in the camera GUI are you on - maybe there is an issue there and rollback of the camera firmware would be the answer.

Have you tried the good ole reboot the computer LOL?

If that doesn't do it, then I would say delete the camera and try again. Do you have another 5442-ZE that works and you could copy that BI camera config?

Last edited: