How to setup Dahua IVS with BlueIris?

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone please point me towards instructions for getting IVS setup to trigger BlueIris v5?

I've tried checking the "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" option with no effect. I've also tried checking the "Get ONVIF Trigger Events" option in the video settings but that just gives a constant subscription error.

I've tried searching for this on Google and all I find are old posts (2017) saying it doesn't work with Dahua only Hikvision, and newer posts that say "I have it working" but no one saying HOW to get it to work :/

Appreciate any help you can provide!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can someone please point me towards instructions for getting IVS setup to trigger BlueIris v5?

I've tried checking the "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" option with no effect. I've also tried checking the "Get ONVIF Trigger Events" option in the video settings but that just gives a constant subscription error.

I've tried searching for this on Google and all I find are old posts (2017) saying it doesn't work with Dahua only Hikvision, and newer posts that say "I have it working" but no one saying HOW to get it to work :/

Appreciate any help you can provide!
@Geomancer I have mostly Dahua cameras (and some Hik) and I am able to get my Dahua IVS events to trigger BI5. The 2 checkboxes you did is correct. 2 other things you may want to share with us:
#1: Are you using an ONVIF URL to access your Dahua? See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.13.32 AM.png

#2: Did you setup IVS rule in your camera web UI? And you have confirmed that it is working?

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Humm

I used one of the Dahua templates so it looks a little different, I've attached a screen shot of my video settings. The parameters though is:
channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
I added the unicast one that you had and the template did not have.

VideoSettings.png

I did set up an IVS rule in the camera, but am unsure how to confirm the rule itself is working? I do not have an SD card to put into it. The camera settings are attached.

CameraSettings.png

In the Blue Iris event log, it shows the following error:
Events: subscription 00000193

The number count column increments every few seconds suggesting it's not getting any response to the trigger queries.

As an experiment I changed it to the generic template and used the same string that you have, but there was no change.

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the same problem, all i get are the same errors , i use the same setting and also the recommendation by actran

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
i finally fix my problem, here is what fix it to me, i was using on my blue iris my admin account when setup the cameras, this admin account have a very long complicate password so i don't know if that was the problem, so i create a onvif user account with a less complex password and update my blue iris camera with that password and now no more error and the IVS Is working great, hope that can help you Geomancer

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i finally fix my problem, here is what fix it to me, i was using on my blue iris my admin account when setup the cameras, this admin account have a very long complicate password so i don't know if that was the problem, so i create a onvif user account with a less complex password and update my blue iris camera with that password and now no more error and the IVS Is working great, hope that can help you Geomancer
I had my hopes up because I also use complex passwords. I tried one with only 10 alphanumeric characters, but still get the subscription errors :(

I put the new user in both for an account and an ONVIF user.

So strange!

I sent an email to BlueIris support, hopefully I'll hear back from them on what that subscription error means.

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Success!

I finally found the culprit.

I was running my cameras with HTTPS and apparently that doesn't work, so I had to downgrade and turn that off. When I switched to HTTP, the subscription errors went away and everything started working.

And yes, I tried both ports 80 and 443 without success, if HTTPS was enabled in the camera it was a no-go.

If I hear back from BlueIris support, I'll ask if there is a way to get it to work with HTTPS, I'd rather have that on than off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Success!

I finally found the culprit.

I was running my cameras with HTTPS and apparently that doesn't work, so I had to downgrade and turn that off. When I switched to HTTP, the subscription errors went away and everything started working.

And yes, I tried both ports 80 and 443 without success, if HTTPS was enabled in the camera it was a no-go.

If I hear back from BlueIris support, I'll ask if there is a way to get it to work with HTTPS, I'd rather have that on than off.
There is absolutely no reason at all that you need an https connection to your camera. None. It provides zero benefit.

Reaction score
So--- I set up some tripwires for sidewalks, street, and curb across the street, and an intrusion zone. I turned off my BI object detection, and I turned on ONVIF triggers in BI--- It WORKS!! I also noticed a drop in CPU use on my BI machine.

Question--- my intrusion zone-- "Cross" makes sense and is checked by default. I checked "Appears" also--- but what does that actually do? I can't find anything that documents some of this.

1595698299210.png

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It will trigger if an object appears anywhere inside of the shape you drew, I assume. Say you drew an area that included a door, if someone walked through the door they'd be in the area but would not have actually crossed the perimeter line. That's what I'd imagine it's for.

Duhua has some documentation, but it isn't great, is outdated, and a lot of it is in broken English.

I selected it also in the couple intrusion rules I created. I haven't had a single false trigger since I switched over to IVS. I suppose there is the risk that a real event will get missed, but I record continusously so if anything major actually happens I could manually review. So far though, it has triggered every time I've tested it, night and day.

Reaction score

I selected it also in the couple intrusion rules I created. I haven't had a single false trigger since I switched over to IVS. I suppose there is the risk that a real event will get missed, but I record continusously so if anything major actually happens I could manually review. So far though, it has triggered every time I've tested it, night and day.
I have cams that were practically in continuous record mode just because of bugs..... I like winter.... :)

Reaction score
OK-- do i UNCHECK the BI Motion Sensor completely----

1595779962145.png

OR.....

Do I just uncheck THIS and make sure ONVIF is checked for each cam??

1595780269284.png

Overnight--- I am not sure if things triggered from BI motion sensing or from the IVS rules.

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You would uncheck "Motion sensor"
and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" instead.

If you get a trigger from the camera, it will say "External" as the trigger on the alert clip rather a motion zone.

Reaction score
You would uncheck "Motion sensor"
and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" instead.

If you get a trigger from the camera, it will say "External" as the trigger on the alert clip rather a motion zone.
On your cams-- are you using Motion Detection along with IVS?

1595793757952.png

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not, no. Only IVS.

I would of been okay with the more overall "Smart Motion" option the newer firmware on my cameras has as it can filter for people and/or cars. However, if I turn that option on it also turns on the general motion detection and it's right back to false alerts. Not sure if that's a bug or not.

Reaction score
I'm not, no. Only IVS.

I would of been okay with the more overall "Smart Motion" option the newer firmware on my cameras has as it can filter for people and/or cars. However, if I turn that option on it also turns on the general motion detection and it's right back to false alerts. Not sure if that's a bug or not.
I have to keep experimenting with it---- right now IVS does not seem to be working right-- triggers were happening from camera motion detection it seems-- turned off now and reviews my tripwire and intrusion settings and will continue to experiment. Thanks for your help..... I will keep at it and see if I can get it working right.

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For you and anyone else, I highlighted the key settings required in the BlueIris Video Settings to get IVS working.

video settings.png

The default Discovery/ONVIF port that BlueIris has is not correct, it should be port 80.

I use substreams, but that's not required.

The full Params list is:
channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

The "proto=Onvif" part is the key.

The full Media profile is:
MediaProfile00000

That is the media profile of the main stream.