How to see the motion bar on a recording clip?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

So i have all the cameras recording 24 hours in BI, Now, i used to have on this bar:

Some lines to what ever specific times that the motion was trigger! How do i get those motion lines back?
My cameras are set to record 24 hours, and then starts the next 24 hours, but if i need to find a motion trigger is like have to go and watch all 24 hr's of video to find it.

Anyone knows how to get that option to show back?

I have attached all the BI settings for viewing them.

Thanks!
P.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

So i have all the cameras recording 24 hours in BI, Now, i used to have on this bar:

Some lines to what ever specific times that the motion was trigger! How do i get those motion lines back?
My cameras are set to record 24 hours, and then starts the next 24 hours, but if i need to find a motion trigger is like have to go and watch all 24 hr's of video to find it.

Anyone knows how to get that option to show back?

I have attached all the BI settings for viewing them.

Thanks!
P.
first, set each camera to a different event color..camera properties>general
second, you are not seeing markings because your make time of 2 seconds is way too long.
third, if you delete the database for whatever reason you will lose the markings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First and second done. (Second put to 1 second, is that okay?)

Now just curios ,when a motion comes in and wanted to click on it,should they open? or... see attached image.

Thanks!
yes, are you recording to a format other than BVR?
were you recently screwing with the database folder or its location? or the location of any other folder?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Recording to BI Dvr w/ box checked at "use flac audio...." and w/option "direct-to-disc"

And no i have not touched
c:\BlueIris\db or F:\bi cameras backup
folder from the time i put a 1tb hdd about a year ago, but i never moved or done anything to db from the time of BI software install.

Also i am thinking maybe the motion sensor is too sensetive...i am getting all those lines , continuous ...

Thanks for help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Recording to BI Dvr w/ box checked at "use flac audio...." and w/option "direct-to-disc"

And no i have not touched
c:\BlueIris\db or F:\bi cameras backup
folder from the time i put a 1tb hdd about a year ago, but i never moved or done anything to db from the time of BI software install.

Also i am thinking maybe the motion sensor is too sensetive...i am getting all those lines , continuous ...

Thanks for help.
Your lines are continuous because you have set recording to continuous..something is wrong though...do you see any red triangle motion markers with lines under the timeline?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes i have it to continuous recording. (24 hr's a day)
And no there are no red triangles motion markers on the timeline, is only the colored lines on the timeline and that's all.

Maybe because the db is on other drive and the recording goes to other drive,that maybe a problem?

Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i have it to continuous recording. (24 hr's a day)
And no there are no red triangles motion markers on the timeline, is only the colored lines on the timeline and that's all.

Maybe because the db is on other drive and the recording goes to other drive,that maybe a problem?

Thanks,
No...database should always be on the OS and fastest drive..
are you actually seeing motion trigger the camera..walk in front of it..post your object settings..

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, i walked around and comeback in the house and i am seeing "motion a" trigger, but no red triangle on the timeline. Eve if i go to the cam icon and then click on each camera to see the motion

still no red triangle , when on the timeline that was trigger.
Object Settings:

Also i am seeing at the bottom right down,that trigger and triangle comes on and off,

so that means they work,but no red triangle on timeline.

Also updated the BI to latest version,as i pop-up come that a new version was out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, i walked around and comeback in the house and i am seeing "motion a" trigger, but no red triangle on the timeline. Eve if i go to the cam icon and then click on each camera to see the motion

still no red triangle , when on the timeline that was trigger.
Object Settings:

Also i am seeing at the bottom right down,that trigger and triangle comes on and off,

so that means they work,but no red triangle on timeline.

Also updated the BI to latest version,as i pop-up come that a new version was out.
are you certain that "create alert list images when triggered" in the record tab is checked for all your cameras?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes they are! Hmm...

Attachments

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try changing your Min object size to 500, Min contrast to 50 and Min. duration to 0.5.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you go into the Blue Iris status screen are you seeing motion entries in the Messages window? Do you have logging enabled and if so, is it logging motion?

BI Status.PNG

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
also there is this at the right low corner

i guess the admin is logged in,but no log file found...maybe because o that box is un-checked?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do i check that,as i so some admin id in there with some weird pass in there...hmm,
To enable logging you just need to check the "Log to file" option at the bottom of the Messages window within the status screen. It appears your issue is related to how you have clips and archive options configured. Here is a screenshot of how mine is configured.
Clips.PNG