How to hard reset Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A

sboy

n3wb
Jan 18, 2018
Hi all,

I have setup this Dahua camera IPC-HDW4431C-A, and she has worked for 6 months only...
Not is seems she is death.
I cannot connect to it. The router can see the camera but cannot connect to the cam.
Sometimes I can hear some noise ''crk crk'' in the camera.
I can ping the camera, but that's all.

I want to try a master reset. Maybe the camera is not death 100% after only 6 months of work...

My question: Where is the master reset button?

I have disassembled the camera, but it seems that she don't have a reset button.
She have only some point/pin like serial port.
I'm not sure how can I reset this camera?
In the user manual it is not written...

Can somebody help me with this little precious info?

Thanks

You May find some help here. --->ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki
I have already checked this link.
I can see where is the PINs for the reset. But how to reset when I don't have a button?
dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A.jpg
s!AiUo9j9c4keWmCVbITH4g3zxJVGW

Reactions: Bilek539
You need to short those two holes. try mabe a small wire or a paperclip might work. I think that picture is off, the serial port has 4 holes, the jumper is the two hole, try mabe a small blade screwdriver across them. EDIT-- You may have to solder header pins to get that to work, I have one at home something like that I could test with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bilek539
You need to short those two holes. try mabe a small wire or a paperclip might work.
Two holes were is written ''serial''? I will try this.
In front of that we have 4x holes were is written ''reset''...
Do you know that is the difference between the serial and reset holes?

Two holes were is written ''serial''? I will try this.
In front of that we have 4x holes were is written ''reset''...
Do you know that is the difference between the serial and reset holes?

Do I know the difference? Judging from that picture they have it wrong, serial console has 4 pins GRD RX TX and VCC, reset buttons two..short to ground. Do I know for sure on that make NO but logic is telling me otherwise.
Were you able to get it reset ?

Hi
Be carrefull before reset this Cam, it seems IPC-HDW4431C-A is a chinese models with hacking firmware.
Be aware that if you reset it you will probably get the chinese language for the settings

Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Yeah, thats right. I do have this cameras and I forgot the 5 dots password...
My old XVR burned....Ive got a new one (DAHUA), and BUMMMM the message: WRONG USER NAME OR PASSWORD
This is major BUULLL...
NOW HOW IM GOING TO RESET OR LOG IN TO THIS CAMERAS WITHOUT GETTING THE CHINA VERSION BACK????