How to fully reset Amcrest IP8M-2496E

dm33

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 IP8M-2496E cameras. They're all behaving differently even with same configuration. Is there a way to fully reset the camera? Apparently soft and hard reset doesn't do it.

I "think" the irreversible change happened when I had an Amcrest NVR and it configured the camera. I've since returned the NVR and I can't get the cameras back to prior configuration. I saved the configuration from the camera and restored on others thinking it was good, but strange problems are occurring.

An an example: The camera out of the box, when uploading via ftp creates a path of the form <date>/001/dav/<hour> for video and <date>/001/jpg/<hour>/<minute> for snapshots.
After the NVR configuration, the ftp path is of the form, <date>/video_001 and <date>/pic_001.

There is no option that I know of to control the ftp path. Yet nothing seems to reset it.

I prefer the shorter path, but other functions are not working or working inconsistently. In particular, if the camera is set to 8mp video, snapshots, either scheduled or from event, occur inconsistently, usually ok over night but stop during the day.