How do I setup motion detection on my PTZ5A4M-25X

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes IE of course...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Progress! Hopefully now we can find out why it is triggering!

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK - I reviewed several clips - all showed a blue box centered on the pineapple plant and the plant to the right constantly. then the boxes get a red box around them and the ptz zooms in on them. same sequence on a lot of events. eventually it zooms back out to preset.
I can record the clip. but I cant get the clip to record the colored boxes.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK - I reviewed several clips - all showed a blue box centered on the pineapple plant and the plant to the right constantly. then the boxes get a red box around them and the ptz zooms in on them. same sequence on a lot of events. eventually it zooms back out to preset.
I can record the clip. but I cant get the clip to record the colored boxes.
My ptz put a blue square on my front porch railings all the time, but it does not go red or tried to auto track it though.
If you can't remove the pineapple plant, maybe put a privacy mask on that spot if it keep giving your false trigger.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that plant on an IVS tripwire?

Options are as mentioned above to privacy mask it or change field of view slightly or try different IVS rules.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
right now in live view the plant container has a light blue box fixated around it - sporatic flashing - I have deleted the original rule and put in a new trip wire - the other trip did have the pineapple in one of the lines. (LOL)
Lets see if this works, else I'll put a mask on it.
I really hate pineapple alerts..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would explain it - and then during the day a cloud goes by and changes the appearance just enough it thinks it is a human face LOL

Probably at night a bug would fly by and that would trigger it as well as it crossed past the plant.

Fingers crossed you get no pineapple alerts tonight or tomorrow LOL

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thing I learned.
I needed to enable -idle motion- I have it set for 1 minute, so that my cam returns to my preset.
I have noticed that if the cam does not return to the "exact" preset position, I will not get an alarm or tracking event.
Seems a bit of drift, makes a big difference.