Hikvision Streaming

Kxngcol3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

so here's my issue. I'm using a Hikvision NVR to run 24 IP Camara's for my work place...we recently got a client that said they wanted to view a section of the office that had person's working for said client.
I'm trying to find away to show the client 3 out of the 24 IP cams we have on our NVR. also they can't have access to the others based on what management wants. the Client is also not in the same off or even country as we are.

• i'm currently using the IVMS 400 in our local office to give access to the HR and Office manager respectively.
  • 12 of the 24 cams are going through a POE switch which is then connected to the NVR(the 3 cameras are also going through that switch)

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
- using the web application to give access but all the 24 cameras show up, the client can access the 3 cameras but finds it hard to locate them.

I know i just did a crappy job at explaining that but if you need more info let me know.....please anyone? help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so here's my issue. I'm using a Hikvision NVR to run 24 IP Camara's for my work place...we recently got a client that said they wanted to view a section of the office that had person's working for said client.
Depending on the model and firmware version of the (unspecified) NVR, you may be able to configure user-specific rights and capabilities in the User Management configuration.
But my experience with various versions of the V4.x firmware is that each version has a different set of bugs.
On testing with the current K2 firmware, permissions are respected for Live View, but not for Playback.

Here is a settings example from DS-9632NI-I8 NVR with V4.22.005 build 191208 firmware:
And the same apparent capability exists on a DS-7616NI-K2 with the V4.71.005 build 220524 firmware.

1687183538645.png

Kxngcol3

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry for the lack of info. on the NVR, it was;
DS-7732NI-K4/16P
Version: V3.4.108build220102

If there is a lack of playback that's fine. the we just want to make sure the client is able to see the Realtime footage. the issue now is that when I create the user account and specify the cameras, it still shows the ones that are not accessibly to the client. so even if they click on them it wont see anything.

As for the the NVR I'll update it to the V4.71.005 and try from the NVR.