Hikvision NVR factory reset - Need some help

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Suggestion :

Check the status of that camera using SADP with a PC attached to an unused NVR PoE port.
If it's 'Inactive', activate it with the NVR admin password.

If you already know the camera password :
You could try changing the mode of the NVR PoE channel to Manual instead of Plug&Play so that you can set the password.
Then change the camera IP address using SADP to match that of the chosen NVR PoE channel.
Hi Alistair - I have tried manual camera setting and changing the password to the same as the NVR, changed ip address to 192.168.254.2 also tried .1 and .10. Still no good The cameras that are online do not match password of the NVR, so I tried changing the password for the camera which I am struggling to the same passwords are the other cameras and as soon as I do that I get password error on that camera. If I change it to the NVR password for that one camera, then I get offline channel no error. SADP is not picking up the camera

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP is not picking up the camera
If SADP isn't picking up the camera - it's not powered up and connected, unless this was when you had the camera IP address set to 192.168.254.1 in which case there will be a duplicate IP address.
You cannot use 192.168.254.1 as the camera IP address, as it's the address of the NVR PoE interface. I'm assuming you haven't changed that from its default value.
For the same reason - you cannot assign NVR channel D1 to use 192.168.254.1 - that is not valid.

Suggestion :
Modify the IP address assigned to NVR channel D1 to be 192.168.254.2
And this requires that SADP finds the camera - if it doesn't when on the NVR, can you power the camera when it's connected to the LAN so SADP can find it?
Change the camera IP address to be 192.168.254.2 and connect it to NVR PoE channel D1
Set the password in NVR channel D1 to be the admin password of the camera.

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If SADP isn't picking up the camera - it's not powered up and connected, unless this was when you had the camera IP address set to 192.168.254.1 in which case there will be a duplicate IP address.
You cannot use 192.168.254.1 as the camera IP address, as it's the address of the NVR PoE interface. I'm assuming you haven't changed that from its default value.
For the same reason - you cannot assign NVR channel D1 to use 192.168.254.1 - that is not valid.

Suggestion :
Modify the IP address assigned to NVR channel D1 to be 192.168.254.2
And this requires that SADP finds the camera - if it doesn't when on the NVR, can you power the camera when it's connected to the LAN so SADP can find it?
Change the camera IP address to be 192.168.254.2 and connect it to NVR PoE channel D1
Set the password in NVR channel D1 to be the admin password of the camera.
Hi Alastiar - Modify the IP address assigned to NVR channel D1 to be 192.168.254.2, how do I change the IP address assigned to NVR channel D1 ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In the NVR web GUI use the Modify button to reconfigure the channel.

Have you changed the NVR PoE interface IP address from the original 192.168.254.1 address? Best left unchanged.

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the NVR web GUI use the Modify button to reconfigure the channel.

Have you changed the NVR PoE interface IP address from the original 192.168.254.1 address? Best left unchanged.
Here is what I get when I change IP address from web gui, to 192.168.254.2 I haven't been able to get to my neighbours NVR to check if camera is being picked up in SADP, but will do soon. Any ideas what newtork abnormal is ?

Attachments

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With no camera connected, it may not matter.

What am I missing? If you are not at the NVR, how can you see the cameras configuration on the NVR?
sorry I meant to say since you last posted comment "And this requires that SADP finds the camera - if it doesn't when on the NVR, can you power the camera when it's connected to the LAN so SADP can find it? "

I have not been over to neighbours house and connected my laptop to NVR to see if camera is being detected
The IP address change to 192.168.254.2 for the offline camera was done via a the web browser and connecting to NVR IP address. I have my neighbours wifi password and can connect to his wifi from my house. Hope that makes sense. I am hoping to go later today to connect to NVR port and see what SADP is showing

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok here is the latest. SADP did not pick up the camera whilst plugged into the first POE port on the NVR (original place it was in when system set up) I even did a factory reset on the camera and plugged it back into the same port on still nothing coming up on SADP. I then moved it into a free port in the NVR and I got the attached briefly (see SADP screenshot attached) I tried to set a password when activating and it timeout more than once and I did not take a long time typing a password. It then disappeared from SADP about a minute or two later

Attached are screenshot from the NVR also showing as detecting, when I click edit IP address at the top here is what I see, should I be amending this and leave alone ?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera is Inactive after the reset - and it's plugged in to an NVR PoE port that's in Plug&Play mode (maybe not D1) then the NVR should Activate the camera automatically and connect it after a couple of minutes.
During the time it is rebooting, it will disappear from SADP.

Don't change the IP address of NVR channel D1 away from 192.168.254.2 - that's a valid address.

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the camera is Inactive after the reset - and it's plugged in to an NVR PoE port that's in Plug&Play mode (maybe not D1) then the NVR should Activate the camera automatically and connect it after a couple of minutes.
During the time it is rebooting, it will disappear from SADP.

Don't change the IP address of NVR channel D1 away from 192.168.254.2 - that's a valid address.
how long would the camera take to reboot, I waited a while and refreshed SADP still no camera showing. its now back it the original POE port of the nvr, when I check the via the NVR web gui its showing as offline (detecting)

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok so after taking camera down and taking near nvr plugged in new cat 6 cable, boom its working. Next job to crimp exiting cable with new connectors on each end of cable. appreciate all the help Alastair it is greatly appreciated