Hikvision IP camera - Not able to configure recording

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently got HIKVISION camera. Below are the specs
CAM : 4 MP IP BULLET CAMERA (model no: ds-2cd1240-i)
NVR : 8 CH NVR RECORDER (model no: ds-7p08ni-k1)
HDD : 2 TB TOSHIBA (model: HDWU120UZSVA)

I am trying to configure these camera via ivms as i dont have smart tv/monitor. i was able to assign IP and activate via SADP and able to add the devices to iVMS portal.
I am facing issues while configuring recording.

1) Am navigating to config page of NVR
109.png

2) In the NVR config page, i have added the IP cam using IP address and status shows connected

110.PNG
3) In the NVR storage config page, my HDD is showing and formatted it. Here i am trying to allocate quota to the added cam "IPCAMERA01". But it shows error.

111.PNG

1) This is my IP camera config page accessed via browser and enabled storage schedule
web-1.PNG
2) Here also HDD is not getting displayed.

2) web-2.PNG

I am hitting rock bottom and not able to find solution. Any leads on how to record video to HDD are much appreciated. Thanks. Below is my Network diagram.TOPOLOGY.png

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I've misunderstood your screenshots, it looks like you have successfully added the HDD to the NVR.
But then you are looking for an HDD on the camera. For the camera, that would have to be either / both an SD card in the camera or a NAS destination on the Camera.
That's quite separate from an HDD on the NVR.

Reaction score
alastairstevenson: Thanks for the reply. So you meant to say under camera config, HDD wont be displayed.. Am i right ?

Can you pls help me with the link on how to configure via iVMS ?