Hikvision HD stream

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a way to have a stream that is in HD and that have a high FPS. I am trying to record my camera in Blue Iris and I can't get a clear and real time image. If the quality is high, the FPS is low and vice versa. My camera is an Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I.

Thanks !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a way to have a stream that is in HD and that have a high FPS. I am trying to record my camera in Blue Iris and I can't get a clear and real time image. If the quality is high, the FPS is low and vice versa. My camera is an Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I.

Thanks !
Is you camera on the same network as the blue iris server? What is your bitrate set to?
Are you using the standard hikvision 2cdxxxx from the dropdown in blue iris?

Reaction score
The camera is on the same network, but not on the same Vlan. For the bitrate, I don't know where to find it. I just realize that I was distracted, I don't try to setup it on Blue Iris but on Ispy... my mistake

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note that Ispy charges an 8 dollar monthly fee for remote access and limited number of alerts per month...
There is a bitrate setting in the video settings tab in the camera.
Is you cpu maxing out when this happens?
Make sure you are using this url
rtsp://IPADDRESS:554//Streaming/Channels/1

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The bitrate settings are in the camera itself. Click on the .... to the right of the source button and post the url its using..
Blue iris is not free, its 60 dollars...well worth it. http://blueirissoftware.com/
Note that ISPY is not free either..they charge 8 dollars a month for remote access and a very limited number of alerts...for that reason it should never be a consideration if you are using those functions.

Reaction score
What do you mean on the camera itself, I only have the max bitrate on the camera web page setting. Here is my url: rtsp://admin:******@192.168.98.248:554/Streaming/Channels/1

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your camera settings will be found by using a browser and going to 192.168.98.248 in the address bar. Log in to the camera with your username and password and go to the video tab to see the settings you are looking for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean on the camera itself, I only have the max bitrate on the camera web page setting. Here is my url: rtsp://admin:******@192.168.98.248:554/Streaming/Channels/1
That is the primary stream...so you should be seeing a good image...its hard to tell from your photo..take a screenshot using the snipping tool or printscreen..

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run mine with a constant bitrate and not variable with 15 fps at max bitrate of 2048 with a great picture. If you are running at 25 fps and max bitrate of 8192 as suggested by your screen shot, I am thinking you are pegging your CPU or something is not configured right in ISpy.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at those screen shots, the camera is getting a great feed to your browser from the camera itself... and your CPU use is not high (24%). This leads me to believe you have the wrong information in the settings for ISpy. I am not familiar with this software so I don't know that I can help much there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, you have something set wrong...delete the camera on ispy and start over. The image actually looks pretty cool..like a hand painting...

Reaction score
Ahahah yeah, but I forgot to specify: it is not always like that, just from time to time. I started over with the same url and choose de "type" FFMPEG (H264) and the result is the same...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Next time it happens login to the camera and see if the image is displaying properly..

Sent via Taptalk