Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

vobele

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh boy, meanwhile I’ve played many hours to get down the delay in capured shapshots on my indoor station (and hence on the Hik-Connect cloud gallery, but the issue seems not to be linked to hik-connect).

For comparision I am using the @NoFate Hikvision add-on which allows me to get a snapshot in HomeAssistant without any delay.

Issue:

• 1st lag: When pressing the call button on the 8003 door station, there is a first lag of about 1.3 seconds until the bell rings (this lag I believe was shorter with older firmware / prior to protocol 2.0).
  • 2nd lag: As the doorbell starts ringing, it takes another 3 to 4 seconds until the shnapsot is taken (which will be stored and can be displayed afterwards on the indoor monitor’s gallery (DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) all in one Android Monitor) or the hik-connect cloud (if it has been set up)).

Result:

• Almost all stored Snapshots in the picture gallery are not showing the visitor (anymore).
  • I could live with the 1st lag, but the 2nd is really bothering me.

What I found out so far and what can be done:

• The 2nd lag can be reduced to 1 to 2 seconds when setting the camera stream in 8003 outdoor station to 25 fps (really!). I had it at 12fps before.
  • The 2nd lag can be reduced further by may be 0.5 seconds when the camera stream is NOT recorded with an NVR at 24/24.
  • The 2nd lag was not present with the Linux based Indoor Station I used before (DS-KH8350-WTE1). It’s only with the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) Andoid based Indoor station.
  • The 2nd lag only accurs after the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) Andoid based Indoor station is fallen asleep (after let’s say 1 minute).
  • The 1st lag as said above, I believe it was not present, or at least shorter with older 8003 firmwares / before it changed to Protocol 2.0

Summary and verdict to the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) all in one Android Monitor, which seems to be the main reason for this issue:

The main issue (2nd lag) seems to be linked in the way the all in one Android Monitor is handling an incoming camera stream for taking a snapshot to its gallery. Currently there seems nothing, a user can do on the Android monitor to reduce this delay. I’ve played with all monitor settings, the core android settings (like screen always on, even played with activated developer mode) - but nothing helped: After about 1 minute of no user interaction on the monitor, the android based device seems to throttle it’s cpu into a standby mode (and this is the case even when the screen is forced to stay always on). When a call is incoming, the device first must wake up, and this wakeup phase seems to cause this annoying lag in taking a snapshot.

I could swap the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) all in one Android Monitor back to the Linux based Indoor Station (DS-KH8350-WTE1). But the Linux based monitor shows the local stored snapshots in a terrible low picture resolution (only when they are displayed locally. Physicakly on the sd-card stored, the files are of higher resolution when they are transfered to a PC, and even the ones send to hik-connect are of higher resolution).

So if you just want to see crisp and lag-free gallery images on a local indoor monitor, showing visitors who were at your door and you probably missed, this seems not possible with any combination of current 2nd gen Hikvisin Intercom. I hope, a future firmware of the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) all in one Android Monitor will adress this.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just stumbled over this post. Did you manage to get rid of this delay? I noticed it even with incoming calls, and this is quite annoying: Captured snapshots now are showing a background image only. At the time when it is taken, the visitors have passed the camera already.

Anybody knows if the never models DS-KD8003-IME1(B) have a faster processor?
The new 8003(B) its faster without lags.And working realy well.BUT the camera lens it is not so good at low light conditions and is loosing very much at angle.I reale having trubles because i use The old as secondary intercom and it is realy lagy.

RyanMM

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone run into issues changing video stream settings on the 8003-IME1?

There are a ton of settings related to the camera that I cannot change or that I can change and they don't survive a reboot of the device.

Overlays - I can get rid of them until I reboot the device.

Frame rate, resolution, bitrate - I cannot change the main stream to anything but 720p/30fps/2048kbps. It pops up "Invalid operation" for some things or "Device error" or "Parameter error" for others if I do it from basic config, and Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[23] when I do it from Advanced config.

Firmware 2.2.62, IVMs 3.9.1.4.

The camera also drops 6-10 seconds of video on occasion with no explicable reason.

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Honestly... despite 8003 is a good product, i recently tried the Fanvil i62 model (for those who like to play with SIP devices)
It's another story... no ivms-only configuration (good old browser config), no "new firmware" that fix a thing and breaks two like 8003...

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Honestly... despite 8003 is a good product, i recently tried the Fanvil i62 model (for those who like to play with SIP devices)
It's another story... no ivms-only configuration (good old browser config), no "new firmware" that fix a thing and breaks two like 8003...
try akuvox, its better than fanvil

sadly all of these "better" sip devices lack WDR like dahua/hikvision intercoms have.

TB900

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still at a loss here with the Hikvision doorstation together with the indoor station.

I use the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) indoor station together with the DS-KD8003-IME1(B) outdoor station.

I can call the indoor station with the doorstation and it works fine.
But the video quality shown on the DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) indoor station seems always from the sub stream and i don,t know how to change it.
The video and picture quality in the Hik-Connect app on my iphone is also not good because it gets the bad quality from the indoor station.
Because of the aspect ratio from the substream the video is also displayed distorted on the indoor station.

I already reset all devices to factory settings and connect only to to outdoor station with basic settings but with the same result.

The newest available firmware is installed on both devices.
DS-KD8003-IME1(B): V2.2.63 build 230717
DS-KH9510-WTE1(B): V2.2.26 build 230807

When i manually add an IP Camera to the indoor station and use the DS-KD8003-IME1(B) ip data then i get a great picture from the main stream.
Also the aspect ratio is great and there is no distortion.

I don,t know what else to do to get the main stream displayed on the indoor station when someone rings at the door.
Can someone help?

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any workaround for the 8003 sip auto answer ?
Direct sip call is refused, any other way to call it with a video sip phone in order to have camera view displayed ?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best way is to start isapi two way audio, and use rtsp for video