Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the station KD8003 you always need an indoor monitor because this HIK account manages it.
Yes, if you want to use hikconnect, but you also use a PBX, with your own softphone

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
With the station KD8003 you always need an indoor monitor because this HIK account manages it.
No, that is not true.

Both @NoFate & can now have the KD8003 call a SIP device when the intercom button is pressed. No indoor station needed - at least I don't have one and the SIP call is working now.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, that is not true.

Both @NoFate & can now have the KD8003 call a SIP device when the intercom button is pressed. No indoor station needed - at least I don't have one and the SIP call is working now.
Correct, only issue for me with SIP is to see early media (video) before pickup... Afterwards is no issue

blacktroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Regarding SIP I've experienced, that I can't open the door using it. And as @NoFate mentioned early media is not available.

I would like to give it a try with the APK file(s).
But it's not that easy to get them right now: Hikvision offers a zipped .img-File, but I was not able to extract it with ext4_unpacker or similar.

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
Regarding SIP I've experienced, that I can't open the door using it. And as @NoFate mentioned early media is not available.
Well - that's the thing. We have a Loxone system that can open doors/gates directly so I don't need to do that using HikConnect or a softphone app. The Loxone app uses SIP to talk and displays an RTSP video stream so think I can get this to work as required now.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here is command to open a door:

Code:
curl -i --digest -u admin:xxx -X PUT -d '<RemoteControlDoor><cmd>open</cmd></RemoteControlDoor>' http://192.168.0.xx/ISAPI/AccessControl/RemoteControl/door/1

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
here is command to open a door:
Out of interest, do you know how to grab a single, still image from the KD8003? Or do you know if it's possible to initiate/end a call using ISAPI (I mean same action as someone pressing the intercom button on the unit)?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of interest, do you know how to grab a single, still image from the KD8003? Or do you know if it's possible to initiate/end a call using ISAPI (I mean same action as someone pressing the intercom button on the unit)?
Start a two way audio with ISAPi? Don't think it's possible... I only use Isapi for opening door and get callstatus and door open (badge /key ) events

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Start a two way audio with ISAPi? Don't think it's possible... I only use Isapi for opening door and get callstatus and door open (badge /key ) events
Still image, I do that with my Synology surveillance system

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
Still image, I do that with my Synology surveillance system
Yeah - it can be done easily with ffmpeg, etc. but HikVision cameras are supposed to be able to render the current image on their own. Doh! :(

blacktroll

n3wb
Reaction score
@NoFate Thank you so much for your Information. I've installed Vfone on my android phone and used my router (AVM Fritz!Box 7590) as SIP-Server.
If the door station's button is pushed my phone rings - thats great. RTSP in VFone works good as well. Whats not working is the voice communication. Vfone rings, but no incoming call is shown. I've tried a different app: I can take the call there, but its deaf and mute on both sides.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, vfone works for me, with audio + video
Have you also opened up the RTP ports? i use FreePBX, i opened up the sip port 5060 , but also RTP ports like 10000 to 11000 , probably different for your PBX

The only issue i have with vfone, i cant find the setting where you can define a custom ringtone?

blacktroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, vfone works for me, with audio + video
Have you also opened up the RTP ports? i use FreePBX, i opened up the sip port 5060 , but also RTP ports like 10000 to 11000 , probably different for your PBX

The only issue i have with vfone, i cant find the setting where you can define a custom ringtone?
OK, that worked out so far.
I have not managed yet to change the Ringtone of Vfone. But I'll try to figure out how and reply here.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems not possible with vfone, they don't support it anymore. :-(

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone having issues syncing time with an NTP server on the DS-KD8003-IME1? When I try via IVMS I get the error SaveSynchronizationFailed.Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[29].(Operation failed.).

Works when I try to change it on my indoor stations and DS-KV-6113-WPE1.

Packet capture shows no NTP request is being transmitted.

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
When I try via IVMS I get the error SaveSynchronizationFailed.Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[29].(Operation failed.).
Yeah - I get this frequently with that useless iVMS. Not on NTP but other settings - seems iVMS often fails to send the correct config update sequence to the KD8003. So if your KD8003 never got the message it needs to use NTP of course it won't do that.

I actually just stopped using iVMS and make config updates to my KD8003 by creating an XML payload and sending it with curl. Sounds complicated but in fact for me I prefer and no stupid iVMS required.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you know the payloads? Is that documented? Maybe usefull to send/delete keycodes, for temp access to my house for the cleaning lady

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah - I get this frequently with that useless iVMS. Not on NTP but other settings - seems iVMS often fails to send the correct config update sequence to the KD8003. So if your KD8003 never got the message it needs to use NTP of course it won't do that.

I actually just stopped using iVMS and make config updates to my KD8003 by creating an XML payload and sending it with curl. Sounds complicated but in fact for me I prefer and no stupid iVMS required.
I tried some basic commands but my KD8003 isn't responding on port 80, I get connection refused.