Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
:mad: have to sign the app again, only possible with linux ! but i have only windows at the moment :mad:

wondering if hikvision account checks for their signature :D then it will not work

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a linux running here somewhere to test :), maybe i can do that

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
found one windows tutorial for signing.. but need JDK ... pain in the ass to get it after oracle bought sun ... found an old version now without account creation

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats indeed to bad

isnt it possible to just overwrite that mp3 sound on android itself? or is it embedded in app?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
this is what i did, but apks prevent you from doing this by signing ... some checks their sign on start/login to prevent that you not using a modified app

too bad. I already included my favourite sound...

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing or getting the APK from Android tablet?
I managed to get the indoor.apk from 9510 android tablet. It has android 5.1.1 on it. I tried installing that on 5.1.1 emulator but wasn't successful. Have ordered 5.1.1 tab and will try it again.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing or getting the APK from Android tablet?
I managed to get the indoor.apk from 9510 android tablet. It has android 5.1.1 on it. I tried installing that on 5.1.1 emulator but wasn't successful. Have ordered 5.1.1 tab and will try it again.

what do you mean by "getting the apk" ?
you can only install 2 apk on it
i have done it before, but those 95xx series are so slow, indeed with android 5.x on it
so when you run an app, its unusable :)

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what do you mean by "getting the apk" ?
you can only install 2 apk on it
i have done it before, but those 95xx series are so slow, indeed with android 5.x on it
so when you run an app, its unusable :)
You need to get into the device. It has Launcher 3 installed. I installed ez explore to FTP into the devicePXL_20210903_104124043~2.jpgPXL_20210903_104226630~2.jpg

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I can manage to install the indoor APK, which is Hikvision UI app, then I can ditch their tab

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah , how did you access those settings? I cant minimize anything ;-). What is the indoor.apk ?
So you want to remove everything from hikvison on it and use it for other purposes? Or install it on a better tablet?

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah , how did you access those settings? I cant minimize anything ;-). What is the indoor.apk ?
So you want to remove everything from hikvison on it and use it for other purposes? Or install it on a better tablet?
Yes to install it on a better tab!
This tabs specs are too low.

It happened accidentally and then I realised Hikvision was an app running at the top. Took me a while to figure out how to get in. The easiest solution install ez explorer as one of the two apps then you can FTP in it.
Try swiping finger from the border up you might get android, home and back icons too

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They have put Hik app as default home screen

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh gonna try it later...
Maybe you can get the APK by downloading the firmware from the portal? There is a specific version that's huge , that also contains the android, maybe you can extract from there...

I complained about slowness of this 93xx serie, mine will be replaced when revision B gets out, will be better more specs and will run on Android 10

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Indoor app is the Hikvision app that we see (UI)
It is what we need to install on any app.
I tried on different android emulator but looks like it's not compatible with android 6+
Used APK editor to package it, but emulators are not great way to test anyway. Once I have the new 5.1.1 tab delivery will test installing on that.
50-50 chance. One can unpack that APK too but I'm not Dev on android so limited in what I can do

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You think by running the APK on a other tablet you can simulate an indoor device?

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh gonna try it later...
Maybe you can get the APK by downloading the firmware from the portal? There is a specific version that's huge , that also contains the android, maybe you can extract from there...

I complained about slowness of this 93xx serie, mine will be replaced when revision B gets out, will be better more specs and will run on Android 10
Yes, it's packed in that. There is another APK, which is just and update for this app