Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you sure? didnt look at that part yet, but i this flow, they dont speak about sip ?

1627989995839.png

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
no i am not 100% sure.. because i give up with the old intercom device... i have now another, which may have different functionality

This is a general flow chart.. i have no idea how you want to transfer realtime audio without sip because this is how hikvision does it. but maybe i am wrong ... try it :) there are many intercom implementation threads on home assistant page... everyone is just talking about sip for audio...

but it would be fine to have an implementation without sip and hikconnect...

so lets go :love:

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i know, but i dint look at it yet, alternative road is using the .sdk
but two way audo was for me the smallest priority, already happy that Hikvison did create a custom firmware for me, that i could share to get stuff going, especially for 8003 owners

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no i am not 100% sure.. because i give up with the old intercom device... i have now another, which may have different functionality

This is a general flow chart.. i have no idea how you want to transfer realtime audio without sip because this is how hikvision does it. but maybe i am wrong ... try it :) there are many intercom implementation threads on home assistant page... everyone is just talking about sip for audio...

but it would be fine to have an implementation without sip and hikconnect...

so lets go :love:
What device do you now have?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
What device do you now have?
I have the villa door station (B) ... kv8 series

I wanted a rfid reader and needed more than 1 button, so i would have to use 3 modules... the rfid reader on the modular series is too big. there are no half modules like on dahua modular series...

also i had some troubles with overexposure on the kd module i returned.
for me the kv8 series has less overexposure in night, its smaller and have all features of isapi which you mention earlier.. its all on kv6 and kv8 series since 2.2.3 ... also it seems that they bug fixes the kv series faster ..

when it comes to prices.. i paid 140 for the kv8 , ... 3 modules... mounting stuff... i would be 600-800 for same function on modular series

if you only need 1 button, i would buy kd series, because only 1 small module... even with rfid reader you need only 2, which is quite acceptable.. but you have the big black hole from rfid reader.. not my favour

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, i wanted the 8003 series, because of the keypad AND badge reader :)
now, i just have NFC tags and i open the door with my smart watch, so after all , it wasnt needed at all :)

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you have to look up the kv6 series... its so small and it has also integrated rfid reader... it should be no problem to integrate camera, 1 button and rfid in just ONE module...

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, but it builtin now, not gonna remove it :) .. i removed some bricks for the mounting
it works "ok", and i'm also getting the new 93xx series soon when it launches

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i removed some bricks for the mounting
that is the big plus on modular series.. you can mount it flat to surface.. but have to cut a big hole... :rofl:

i dont wanted it, because all these china flavoured intercom systems dont work perfect, so if there is a better one, i would swap it..

here you can buy these systems from companies who are specalized in these intercom system for decades... they have lot better functionality, but costs muuuuuuch more...

just look up for siedle, gira, tcs , elcom

Last edited:

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the upgrade a download? The in app upgrade notification is only showing v4.16.0

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably rolling out, it was an in-app notification for me

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, those notifications, yeah i had them too before... For every new door press button, a new category was being created...
I have like 70 of those, lucky, android deletes it when it becomes verry huge... It's indeed a bug...

That's why we are unable to setup a own notification sound, and we are stick with the built in ringtone from hikconnect... Cause everytime i setup an own ringtone, hikconnect wil create a new notification category anyway...

Did you ever had an personal ringtone? Strange you see it first time this bug,

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, i was being told they are working it, should be available in 18 release, let's hope that we can finally personalize notification sounds soon

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, i was being told they are working it, should be available in 18 release, let's hope that we can finally personalize notification sounds soon
i already unpacked the apk with apktool and found everything of their shitty sounds in "res/raw" ... they call it "video_intercom_ring.mp3"

not sure if one can change and pack again...