Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just installed a DS-2CD2087G2-LU G3 6mm to replace a DS-2CD2155FWD-I 6mm

video at the same time, one day apart, night video for now to compare, tomorrow i will grab day time video. you can find some settings in the description of each video, if you need more let me know

i might move the new one a little bit up to show more the street, to match my old one

question, how is the focus?

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just noticed a weird thing with this camera in ivms, it's jumping between 15 fps to 25 fps randomly, my others cameras doesnt do this, anyone got this? g3, latest firmware

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i just noticed a weird thing with this camera in ivms, it's jumping between 15 fps to 25 fps randomly, my others cameras doesnt do this, anyone got this? g3, latest firmware
Hikvision smart265 will have this problem.
Try to close smart265.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this camera will trigger an event if I want it to alert me when an animal walks into frame or an area. Is that possible, or does it only do the opposite, and actively ignore animals as false alerts. My use case is that I wish to be alerted to critters. This particular camera will be more of a wildlife camera, not so much security. The ColorVu, low f1.0 and huge sensor seem like it might be an attractive camera for wildlife, day or night.

It would be nice if I could do something like saying alert me to activity and start rolling if you see something smaller than this box, and larger than this box. With software allowing the user to define the range of sizes of the things that should be allowed to trigger an event, or alarm perhaps.

Otherwise I may as just record 24/7 I guess, and parse out what action I see fit. I'll be saving it to my NAS. I'm new to the IPC thing so I'm not entirely sure what various software can achieve in this regard.

Thanks

***And to the Canadian or North American users here, where are you buying your cameras such as this? I was hoping to find a 2.8mm in this camera (but LU; mic) in North America somewhere.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this camera will trigger an event if I want it to alert me when an animal walks into frame or an area. Is that possible, or does it only do the opposite, and actively ignore animals as false alerts. My use case is that I wish to be alerted to critters. This particular camera will be more of a wildlife camera, not so much security. The ColorVu, low f1.0 and huge sensor seem like it might be an attractive camera for wildlife, day or night.

It would be nice if I could do something like saying alert me to activity and start rolling if you see something smaller than this box, and larger than this box. With software allowing the user to define the range of sizes of the things that should be allowed to trigger an event, or alarm perhaps.

Otherwise I may as just record 24/7 I guess, and parse out what action I see fit. I'll be saving it to my NAS. I'm new to the IPC thing so I'm not entirely sure what various software can achieve in this regard.

Thanks

***And to the Canadian or North American users here, where are you buying your cameras such as this? I was hoping to find a 2.8mm in this camera (but LU; mic) in North America somewhere.
i think if you uncheck human AND vehicle, it will default to be anything, anyone please correct me if i'm wrong!

also mine came from @EMPIRETECANDY went from china to canada custom in ~4 working days

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
video showing the issue, first 10 seconds and comparing it to 3 others(different model) with h265+

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen that happen with other cameras when there is a power issue.

Try isolating this camera all by itself with a POE injector or the only camera on a POE switch to confirm it isn't at a total wattage budget for the POE switch. Also try different ports in the event one is failing.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen that happen with other cameras when there is a power issue.

Try isolating this camera all by itself with a POE injector or the only camera on a POE switch to confirm it isn't at a total wattage budget for the POE switch. Also try different ports in the event one is failing.
ok, i will try and play a little bit with the poe

quick history, i removed a DS-2DE3304W-DE2 and moved a DS-2CD5155FWD-I to it location and put the DS-2CD2087G2-LU at the old DS-2CD5155FWD-I location

I never had this kind of problem or/and never noticed it before now

i'm using a DGS-1100-08P Gigabit Ethernet Switch

global.PNG
using.PNG

Last edited:

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think i found the culprit, if i switch from video & audio to video only on main stream, it stick to 15fps, firmware bug maybe? also with video & audio, i get about 8 minutes per 250 meg file with continuous recording, i will deactivate the audio and see what happen with the file size

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i think if you uncheck human AND vehicle, it will default to be anything, anyone please correct me if i'm wrong!

also mine came from @EMPIRETECANDY went from china to canada custom in ~4 working days

Thanks for the idea.

I also just happened upon this helpful video which, starting at 12:50, demonstrates how to teach the camera what 'size' objects will trigger the LED's for instance. By drawing a few different sized squares on the screen the software then excludes turning on the LED, in this case, when an object is smaller than the small square you draw, and also anything larger than the large square you draw. I don't know yet if this extends to being able to trigger recordings based on these defined ranges of object sizes. It would be perfect since this object size range trigger the LED, if it could also trigger an event and begin recording. I'll keep watching; perhaps it's mentioned.

By regardless, you gotta love the intelligence of being able to define zones, and object sizes and so on. Brilliant!

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here we go with day time video, not really fair since today was cloudy but it give a good idea. I moved the camera up a little bit, i like it better like this

again, how is the focus?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't distinguish uber focus from adequate. What if you, for this purpose, printed out some sort of test pattern from the internet and taped it to one of those carport roof support, and then zoomed in to check your focus. Just make sure that you've placed it beyond the minimum distance away since I think focus is over definitely over 20' to infinity. For the 2.8 it's 4.5m+ and for the 4mm it's 7m+. The 6mm that you have must be a bit further.

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't distinguish uber focus from adequate. What if you, for this purpose, printed out some sort of test pattern from the internet and taped it to one of those carport roof support, and then zoomed in to check your focus. Just make sure that you've placed it beyond the minimum distance away since I think focus is over definitely over 20' to infinity. For the 2.8 it's 4.5m+ and for the 4mm it's 7m+. The 6mm that you have must be a bit further.
I don't have a printer around me so it's going to be hard to do that but i got that blue box with the number and i found an old dirty cardboard box

the red text seem fine to me, it's about 21-23 feet away (around 7 meters)

the white text on the blue box is about 10-11 feet away ( around 3.3 meters) the white text while zoomed is kind of "blurry" to me? but maybe it's because this is a 6mm and it's totally normal / fine

the door is around 13-14 feet away (around 4.2 meters)

I have attached an old picture of my previous 6mm camera, the text on the blue box is "better" for sure, should I expect the same detail on my new camera?

1528604906.jpg

Camera1-3.jpg

jrecasens

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this camera has ANPR / LPR technology? the manual mentions Road Traffic capability.