Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Ipc-b5442e-ze i.e IPC-HFW5442-ZE is such a varfocal I believe and excellent. It's 4MP and not 4K though. Andy's version is called Ipc-b5442e-ze
Is there comparable with Hikvision for about same price/performance?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the general area I want to cover with the 6mm version of this camera. I have moved this camera placement a couple of times and will do it again this time. I have also trimmed the tree some since this picure was taken with the lowest branch being removed. The camera is located on the eave of my house. It is maybe 15' to the wall.

View attachment 81336
It's hard to tell but I'm guessing from the pictures it's about 10m (33 feet) to the tree. based on the claims for the 6mm, it would seem to be a good fit. The best option is of course varifcoal but as one has yet to appear, I would think the 6mm seems a good bet.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there comparable with Hikvision for about same price/performance?
Someone on the forum who prefers Hikvision to Dahua may be able to answer this for you. I am only aware of the Dahua model given, sorry.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It's hard to tell but I'm guessing from the pictures it's about 10m (33 feet) to the tree. based on the claims for the 6mm, it would seem to be a good fit. The best option is of course varifcoal but as one has yet to appear, I would think the 6mm seems a good bet.
Looks like the camera will show up today. Fast shipping by Andy. :) I will post up some pictures once I get the camera mounted. I will be moving it a couple of feet for a better angle. The camera it is replacing is a Hikvision 2MP 8-32mm varifocal. It is not a bad camera and is the last one of it type that I have not upgraded until now.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like the camera will show up today. Fast shipping by Andy. :) I will post up some pictures once I get the camera mounted. I will be moving it a couple of feet for a better angle. The camera it is replacing is a Hikvision 2MP 8-32mm varifocal. It is not a bad camera and is the last one of it type that I have not upgraded until now.
Which camera did you get Parley ?

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 6mm version of the DS-2CD2087G2-LU.
Edit: It is on the Fedex truck out for delivery by noon. I will start prepping things now in anticiapation. :)
Lucky man, looking forward to seeing what it can do. Pre request for shots with moving people at 1/120 in the dark please :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Does Andy have a listing yet for the 4k 8MP (U model with mic) with Accusense??? Haven't seen it as yet.
I'm in the UK and don't know what stock China has.

Where from jlw2k please ?
netviewcctv a little more expensive than my normal supplier but no stock £130 Plus VAT.

Won't get to install it this week as me and the wife have Covid-19 and feel like poop.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
First thoughts are that I need more magnification for this location. I was going to post a snapshot but for some reason that is not working. I am waiting to see how the night time video is. I have left the settings pretty much as they come from Hikvision.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I have downloaded a short video. I am very impressed with the night time quality of this camera. It is a lot darker out than this video indicates. By the way the settings are pretty much out of the box. I will fine tune the settings over the coming week.

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and don't know what stock China has.

netviewcctv a little more expensive than my normal supplier but no stock £130 Plus VAT.

Won't get to install it this week as me and the wife have Covid-19 and feel like poop.
Sorry to hear that ljw2k, get well soon

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I have downloaded a short video. I am very impressed with the night time quality of this camera. It is a lot darker out than this video indicates. By the way the settings are pretty much out of the box. I will fine the settings over the coming week.

A lot of blurr on that car though, hopefully a shorter shutter speed will help. Certainly clear and good detail, shows the benefit of 4K

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've set my exposure time to 1/100 but now at night when someone passes by the image is 'ghosted', you can see through them :) I haven't had time to play with the other settings, some say it has to do with the digital noise reduction, default it's on 50 but when I lower it, I get noise :D And that's not a solution either.

fvdwerdt

n3wb
Reaction score
I've set my exposure time to 1/100 but now at night when someone passes by the image is 'ghosted', you can see through them :) I haven't had time to play with the other settings, some say it has to do with the digital noise reduction, default it's on 50 but when I lower it, I get noise :D And that's not a solution either.
Can you provide images of that ghosting and where did you get your camera? A dealer in Belgium?

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed 2x 2t87g2 so same as the 2087g2 but the led's are more powerful and camera is larger. Got them from my Hikivision distributor in Belgium. Will try to upload images of the ghosting. I think it's the struggle to find a good match between the amount of blur (at night) that's acceptable and the exposure time.