Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent news, so Andy has these in now ?
He had a very small supply and sold out after I bought. He said more come at the end of February. Happy I was able to get as I had asked him about this specific camera about 2 months ago prompting him to order some.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Plenty of stock in the UK from Authorised sellers maybe China is waiting for some more seconds from Hikvision to sell as Non OEM in that lovely brown box.:)
If it is a Hikvision camera it will come in a box like this which is from a Genuine Hikvision Authorised seller here in the UK.

Genuine Hikvision box.jpg

Last edited:

fvdwerdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Plenty of stock in the UK from Authorised sellers maybe China is waiting for some more seconds from Hikvision to sell as Non OEM in that lovely brown box.:)
Not everyone can buy from resellers in the UK, but can from China

Last edited:

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
If it is a Hikvision camera it will come in a box like this which is from a Genuine Hikvision Authorised seller here in the UK.

View attachment 81030
I’m ok with paying much less for the same exact camera. Many others are too. If you buy from a reputable supplier it’s all good. Find me one that ships to US for the same price I paid or close to and I’ll be happy to buy genuine.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m ok with paying much less for the same exact camera. Many others are too. If you buy from a reputable supplier it’s all good. Find me one that ships to US for the same price I paid or close to and I’ll be happy to buy genuine.
If you really think you are getting the same camera ......crack on fellow as I am not telling you where you should buy it from just educating you on the difference between a Chinese seller and an Authorised Seller.

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
If you really think you are getting the same camera ......crack on fellow as I am not telling you where you should buy it from just educating you on the difference between a Chinese seller and an Authorised Seller.
Think you made your point. Those who care will care, and those who don’t won’t. Let’s focus on the camera itself

Last edited:

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whatd you pay?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Think you made your point. Those who care will care, and those who don’t won’t. Time to move on to a different topic unless you have something to say about the camera itself.
This wasn't directed @ you and if you have taken your time to look through the thread you will see I have made many posts with information and clips from this camera which have been constructive to other members.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe China is waiting for some more seconds from Hikvision to sell as Non OEM
If you were involved in electronics manufacturing these days you'd know this doesn't happen.
Maybe 20 years ago before manufacturing processes were as repeatable and refined as they now are.

With your tedious repetition of this theme I'm thinking you are a NetviewCCTV flunky.

Think you made your point. Those who care will care, and those who don’t won’t. Time to move on to a different topic unless you have something to say about the camera itself.
Yes indeed. My thought exactly.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Netherlands 420 euro and Andy 193 euro. authorised seller vs OEM
WOW.... This is a MASSIVE difference and can see your concern. I would look into a company who can ship from UK to you as must be cheaper this way??

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I get them cheaper in California. Authentic from a distributor
That’s awesome. With the microphone too? B&H isn’t much more but theirs is without the microphone which I prefer. What’s the distributor you get it from as I plan on purchasing more. It’s a great camera.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If you were involved in electronics manufacturing these days you'd know this doesn't happen.
Maybe 20 years ago before manufacturing processes were as repeatable and refined as they now are.

I have never been Involved in Electronics manufacturing more offshore installation of diving bells & decompression chambers and hyperbaric lifeboats.

With your tedious repetition of this theme I'm thinking you are a NetviewCCTV flunky.

NetviewCCTV - I have a trade account I set up with this company last week to see what price I could purchase the camera and never dealt with them before in my life.

Yes indeed. My thought exactly.

As a staff member I see you want me to move on and not mention the Authorised Unauthorised buying implications so I will adhere to that if you for some reason don't wish me to mention this to members again. I'm not here to cause trouble but to learn like most other members so I apologise if I have upset you or any other members as it was not my intention to do so.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My comment was intended to be from the user perspective as opposed to an admin. But not obviously so, I admit.
And I was echoing what others have also fed back to you for directly quoting the NetviewCCTV narrative they use to induce buyer uncertainty and prop up their pricing.

I'm not here to cause trouble but to learn like most other members so I apologise if I have upset you or any other members as it was not my intention to do so.
Accepted, as are we all.