Hikvision Cameras and Lorex NVR Issues

Bones558

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS cameras and a Lorex N883A6B-Z NVR (all brand new).
I can't get them to connect to each other.

I understand the proper way to connect these is via the ONVIF protocol, but I still have been unable to get that to work.
All devices have the most current firmware available installed.

Would anyone be able to provide some guidance or advice on what I can try to get these to work together?

Thanks,
Tony

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand the proper way to connect these is via the ONVIF protocol,
Depending on the version of firmware, you may have to enable ONVIF in the camera's web GUI, and add an ONVIF user and password.

Check if the camera is identifying as an ONVIF device by seeing if it's found by ONVIF Device Manager.
ODM will find ONVIF devices automatically that are on the same network and IP address range as the PC.
Give it valid logon credentials, upper left of the window.

Bones558

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on the version of firmware, you may have to enable ONVIF in the camera's web GUI, and add an ONVIF user and password.

Check if the camera is identifying as an ONVIF device by seeing if it's found by ONVIF Device Manager.
ODM will find ONVIF devices automatically that are on the same network and IP address range as the PC.
Give it valid logon credentials, upper left of the window.

ODM sees the cameras and can pull video from them.
The Lorex NVR still won't connect and pull video.

Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A few of the Lorex systems were "proprietary" and only certain cameras would work for it.

I don't know if that is the case for this one. A quick glance at the specs or any write-ups didn't show it is ONVIF compliant?