HikVision 7708 blocked on port 8000

Reaction score
Hi Guys

i am running numerous HikVision NVR's on 4G routers for my customers. i have an issue where every once in a while an NVR will just stop communicating over the web.

when getting to site to investigate, the router is still online and working and the NVR is still online and working but form some reason neither can see the other.

when powering down and restarting both they reconnect and are visible from the monitoring station again.

hopefully someone knows whats causing this drama as i have about 30 of these systems out and its becoming a nightmare to manage all these resets.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Bud, the behaviour has existed since i started installing them about 2 years ago. i have just become incredibly busy and in high demand so constant service calls are no longer viable. The unit does not reconnect when restarting the router so i am assuming it is the NVR.

i have one that needs it doing now so i can confirm on Monday when visiting site but im almost 100% sure its the NVR.

Reaction score
ok so i checked when visiting the site on Friday. the router was rebooted and had no effect. NVR was rebooted and it came back on line so the problem exists within the NVR. any help would be great.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using a VPN to connect to the NVR from the internet?
Can you connect to the NVR from the local network ?
Is the NVR recording when you can not access it?
Is the router and NVR on ups ?
What else in on the router NVR network ?

Reaction score
not using a VPN, connecting via Immix/IVMS
Unable to connect when plugged into router
NVR is still fully operational
Both router and NVR have 50+ hours of battery backup
only the router and the NVR are on the network

Reaction score
Hi Guys

i am running numerous HikVision NVR's on 4G routers for my customers. i have an issue where every once in a while an NVR will just stop communicating over the web.

when getting to site to investigate, the router is still online and working and the NVR is still online and working but form some reason neither can see the other.

when powering down and restarting both they reconnect and are visible from the monitoring station again.

hopefully someone knows whats causing this drama as i have about 30 of these systems out and its becoming a nightmare to manage all these resets.

Thanks.
Use a different port number I personally never use the default ports those will be first ones scans for people looking to hack Hikvision devices you can pretty much use whatever port number you want within the normal Port range of router

Reaction score
so i changed the port number, it stayed ok for about 6 weeks and then the same thing happened again, i changed from port 8000 to port 8004