Has anyone used a Hikvision NVR and cheap cameras?

Geneyus

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Hikvision NVR with cheap POE cameras? I ordered a Hikvision NVR with (2) DS-2CD2332-I cameras, and I'd like to add two cheaper cameras (maybe 1 MP, around $40-50) to add some coverage to areas of lesser importance... just because I'll have the POE ports available.

Can anyone mention a brand/model that has worked well with Hikvision NVRs? :unsure:

Thanks!

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont do it, lol

Look for the cheaper 1.3MP Hikvision turrets and save a lot of problems

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
+1 if you need features such as motion detection, analytics etc which although the Hikvision NVR will connect quite well to non-Hik cameras using ONVIF or RTSP, it will give a recording-only solution.

Geneyus

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just wanted to ask in case someone knew of a cheaper camera that worked great for my application.

Thank you for the quick responses. I've posted a few times on another, unnamed CCTV forum (hint, hint), and no one responds to a lot of the new posters. I was moderator on a truck forum for a while, and people would get annoyed at new members and tell them to use the search menu. That doesn't always help, and sometimes you just want to ask. Thanks again.