Hall of shame

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They call them "Studer vents" and I have one beneath my sink with the dishwasher connection.
Good, recent article for the curious (I was):

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you broke it by not following directions ;).

Reminds me of some ancient history from back in college. A box arrived from Digital Equipment Corp. with our new 32K word hard disk. Back then the purchase price included installation by them. We anxiously unpacked the box to find a note in the very bottom that said we weren't allowed to unpack the box, only the installation person was authorized for that.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't post the photo of my generator wired directly into the electrical panel the week we were without power. Cut the female end off an extension cord, and wired directly into a breaker. Neighborhood looked like North Korea at night, with our house completely lit up, watching TV, and a warm fire.

... had an extension cord running to the neighbors house to keep his fridge cold.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't post the photo of my generator wired directly into the electrical panel the week we were without power. Cut the female end off an extension cord, and wired directly into a breaker. Neighborhood looked like North Korea at night, with our house completely lit up, watching TV, and a warm fire.

... had an extension cord running to the neighbors house to keep his fridge cold.
That’s how I power my house. I haul my generator outside. Then run a cord to a sub panel in my garage. That cord has a breaker pre mounted. I just slap the breaker in, tie in the neutral and ground. Flip breakers and we are up and running.