Hall of shame

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes early 2000 when solar really took off in California it was the Wild West . Every general contractor was jumping onboard the solar train. Most went out of business, bankrupt, lawsuits ect ect. Today it is more regulated with most city inspectors trained to spot deficiencies. But even today most inspectors won't get on the roof, too dangerous.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes early 2000 when solar really took off in California it was the Wild West . Every general contractor was jumping onboard the solar train. Most went out of business, bankrupt, lawsuits ect ect. Today it is more regulated with most city inspectors trained to spot deficiencies. But even today most inspectors won't get on the roof, too dangerous.
They could use a drone to inspect the roof instead. I saw a news report recently where some insurance companies are dropping coverage for homeowners that want to install solar panels.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Looks safe
Many from attempted power theft. :confused:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

these guys are just crazy.
and its crazy that everything is open, running 10kv and more

aha
33kv he is wearing gloves

normal world:

switch 33kv, shit pants

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
33kv he is wearing gloves
Heck, we wore tested rubber gloves with 18Kv but put leather gloves over them to protect the rubber from pinholes, abrasion, etc.
They really should not handle the HV with just the rubber, they're too easily compromised....but then again, if they keep doing what they do the way they do it, I'll probably outlive several of them...and I'm 74. :confused:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
This access point has been installed on this local restaurant for at least 2 yrs, I just thought to get a picture of it.
View attachment 168738
Wow.....professionally installed and blends right in with the decor......I just must have the name of your installer.....lol

Last edited: