Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just wanted to get everything basically up and running today. I was worried I might overpower the bandwidth by changing out a 4MP camera for an 8MP camera. This Hikvision NVR now has three 8MP cameras and two 4MP cameras for a total of 32MP.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone with this Annke/Hikvision panoramic camera, how does the human/motor vehicle detection compare to the 5442 series and other Dahua cameras with human/motor vehicle detection filtering in IVS (not SMD) in terms of accuracy?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Image looks good. Hard to tell how much light there really is. Some cams make it look like more.
That is true. There is not all that much light out there as the street lamp is on the dim side. The camera does make it look a lot brighter than it is, and it does make good use of the available light.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is true. There is not all that much light out there as the street lamp is on the dim side. The camera does make it look a lot brighter than it is, and it does make good use of the available light.
Probably a bit of white light from the house would help bring the colors closer to normal for suspects in the yard ..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably a bit of white light from the house would help bring the colors closer to normal for suspects in the yard ..
That is not a bad idea. I can turn the camera white lights on and see what happens. They are adjustable from 0 to 100. My wife does not like the camera lights on at night, so that is problematic. However it may not take much white light from the camera, as the street lamp is on the dim side.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I turned the white lights on to 25% and IMHO the yellow light is pretty much gone. Plus, you can really see the orange tree. Here is a picture from tonight. Now as long as the wife does not know the lights are on I am golden. Thank You Mat200 for the idea. Edit: I added the night picture without the white light for easy comparison.

Camera 5B White Light.jpg

Camera 5B Night.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley, if the camera has an option under white balance for "warm light" you might try that to get rid of the yellow without the need for the white leds.
I will take a look. Edit: I went through the various lights and all of them make the picture an orange color including the warm light.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I turned the white lights on to 25% and IMHO the yellow light is pretty much gone. Plus, you can really see the orange tree. Here is a picture from tonight. Now as long as the wife does not know the lights are on I am golden. Thank You Mat200 for the idea. Edit: I added the night picture without the white light for easy comparison.

View attachment 143716

View attachment 143722
Looks really nice, remember to test with a moving subject ..

if 25% works well, I would try a lower setting until I find the breaking point and then adjust it up a bit ..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I learned something tonight. You have to adjust both lights individually. :p The right light was always at 50 as it came set from the factory, and I was only adjusting the left light. So I finally woke up and now have both lights set at 18. I went outside and walked around and I have to admit the video is pretty damn good along with the colors. One other thing I did was up the frame rate from 12 to 15. I am very impressed with this camera.

Camera 5B Both Lights..jpg

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I learned something tonight. You have to adjust both lights individually. :p The right light was always at 50 as it came set from the factory, and I was only adjusting the left light. So I finally woke up and now have both lights set at 18. I went outside and walked around and I have to admit the video is pretty damn good along with the colors. One other thing I did was up the frame rate from 12 to 15. I am very impressed with this camera.

View attachment 143816
I'm also really liking mine, Hikvision sent me one for testing, The issues I have is setting the stitching feature, not a deal breaker but If you are AD&D about your picture, it might just drive you nuts getting it set where you want.

away.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm also really liking mine, Hikvision sent me one for testing, The issues I have is setting the stitching feature, not a deal breaker but If you are AD&D about your picture, it might just drive you nuts getting it set where you want.

View attachment 143914
I cannot tell where the stitching is with mine. Probably because the distance is not that far. I would guess on mine is it about 18-24" to the left of the trunk on the orange tree. I went back and did a replay of me walking around last night and I did not see anything odd. Everything looked good. Best camera I have had at this location.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I cannot tell where the stitching is with mine. Probably because the distance is not that far. I would guess on mine is it about 18-24" to the left of the trunk on the orange tree. I went back and did a replay of me walking around last night and I did not see anything odd. Everything looked good. Best camera I have had at this location.
I can move it back and get like a small ghosting effect in the trees in the background and the front end heals up pretty well, If somebody is walking by the cam in the setting above, you will get a quick blurb and most likely will not miss the money shot. Nothing is ever perfect in all cams and to get such a nice pic in a wide area does have its advantages.

2asnip.JPG

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I can move it back and get like a small ghosting effect in the trees in the background and the front end heals up pretty well, If somebody is walking by the cam in the setting above, you will get a quick blurb and most likely will not miss the money shot. Nothing is ever perfect in all cams and to get such a nice pic in a wide area does have its advantages.

View attachment 143937
In your situation I would try to put the stitching at a distance and make the up close the best you can. All in all that is a very nice picture. Edit: I did download the latest firmware version for this camera. I do not know if that helped or not.