Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In your situation I would try to put the stitching at a distance and make the up close the best you can. All in all that is a very nice picture.
Yes sir, I have not decided yet on a location but testing different places to get a feel for it. I will say this, this is the first camera that really knows the difference between a human and a car with very little false alerts.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
An option to treat them as two different cameras in the firmware would be fantastic.
Yea would be nice, I posted some pics of the greyed out features in the firmware in my review i started here last month, I also e-mailed them about 3 weeks ago about using the software hikvision has for their other multi sensor cameras to try to dial this in. Guess what?
No reply's yet. Oh well. Video on that HERE

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new to the forum, however am looking for something like this as well. I initially purchased the reolink duo 2 since I was looking for something quickly due to a security concern and really like the person notification tagging in the timeline search of the mobile app for when I’m out of the house. Can the Hikvision/Annke cameras mobile app do something like that as well? Or would I need to configure blue Iris with AI, then open ports to a dedicated network for the blue Iris PC?

I see on Annke’s website they even state the FCD600 can capture license plates. Would a camera like this (not the FCD600 but the one you purchased) be clear enough for positive identification of a moving subject?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way I purchased two of the Hikvision(Annke) 180 degree cameras. I previously showed the other one installed. I installed this one in the front of the house today and its main duty is to cover the cars along with another 4K camera. I am waiting on the Dahua version for a front entrance 180 camera. Here is a picture from tonight with the Hikvision camera. There is plenty of light in the front of the house. With this camera I can see a stitch in the concrete next to the car.

Perimeter_IP Camera5_Perimeter_20221102191358_46391510.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to the forum, however am looking for something like this as well. I initially purchased the reolink duo 2 since I was looking for something quickly due to a security concern and really like the person notification tagging in the timeline search of the mobile app for when I’m out of the house. Can the Hikvision/Annke cameras mobile app do something like that as well? Or would I need to configure blue Iris with AI, then open ports to a dedicated network for the blue Iris PC?

I see on Annke’s website they even state the FCD600 can capture license plates. Would a camera like this (not the FCD600 but the one you purchased) be clear enough for positive identification of a moving subject?

As you will realize or find out, there are many issues with Reolinks, especially nightime performance. Do a search here on that camera. You will get ghost and blur of moving objects. With a Hik and Dahua and setting it up correctly, you will get much cleaner images of motion.

If you set up the Hik or Dahua equivalent to trigger for a person, then yes the timeline will show those triggers. If you go BI, you don't need to open any ports.

Do not be lured in thinking this camera can capture plates LOL. It would have to be perfect ideal situation like a car in a driveway heading towards the camera within 10 feet or so for a camera with a 2.8mm focal length. Capturing plates is all about shutter speed, focal length and distance.

Regarding a camera for plates (LPR) - keep in mind that this is a camera dedicated to plates and not an overview camera also. It is as much an art as it is a science. You will need two cameras. For LPR we need to OPTICALLY zoom in tight to make the plate as large as possible. For most of us, all you see is the not much more than a vehicle in the entire frame. Now maybe in the right location during the day it might be able to see some other things, but not at night.

At night, we have to run a very fast shutter speed (1/2,000) and in B/W with IR and the image will be black. All you will see are head/tail lights and the plate. Some people can get away with color if they have enough street lights, but most of us cannot. Here is a representative sample of plates I get at night of vehicles traveling about 45MPH at 175 feet from my 2MP 5241-Z12E camera (that is all that is needed for plates):

1667442726519.png

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 Rev 1 NVR with several Dahua and Amcrest cameras. Is this NVR compatible with the Annke 180 dual lens camera discussed here?

- Thomas

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As you will realize or find out, there are many issues with Reolinks, especially nightime performance. Do a search here on that camera. You will get ghost and blur of moving objects. With a Hik and Dahua and setting it up correctly, you will get much cleaner images of motion.

If you set up the Hik or Dahua equivalent to trigger for a person, then yes the timeline will show those triggers. If you go BI, you don't need to open any ports.

Do not be lured in thinking this camera can capture plates LOL. It would have to be perfect ideal situation like a car in a driveway heading towards the camera within 10 feet or so for a camera with a 2.8mm focal length. Capturing plates is all about shutter speed, focal length and distance.

Regarding a camera for plates (LPR) - keep in mind that this is a camera dedicated to plates and not an overview camera also. It is as much an art as it is a science. You will need two cameras. For LPR we need to OPTICALLY zoom in tight to make the plate as large as possible. For most of us, all you see is the not much more than a vehicle in the entire frame. Now maybe in the right location during the day it might be able to see some other things, but not at night.

At night, we have to run a very fast shutter speed (1/2,000) and in B/W with IR and the image will be black. All you will see are head/tail lights and the plate. Some people can get away with color if they have enough street lights, but most of us cannot. Here is a representative sample of plates I get at night of vehicles traveling about 45MPH at 175 feet from my 2MP 5241-Z12E camera (that is all that is needed for plates):

View attachment 144619
Not trying to take over the thread, but wanted to give some context to my question and temporary choice of Reolink.

Yes I realize the Reolink aren’t going to be great.
My question was in relation to the Annke $220~ cameras from Newegg being able to capture good detail even in low light? I ordered the Reolink cameras quickly to cover a large area while I was trying to figure things out with Blue Iris due to a security risk with a new neighbor/renter Nextdoor, details below. Still trying to troubleshoot and setup Blue Iris and figure out what cameras to purchase for long term.
I just today found that I could configure NGROK for the reverse proxy to Blue Iris. My question was more if the Annke was a good choice and if Blue Iris would give the AI details that I can see on the computer in the mobile app as well.

Neighbor details:
I had a ~25 ish year old adult child and his father move in next door as renters. After about a month the adult child went from nice/normal to harassing my 11 year old, telling the neighbor kids 11 and 13 that they are terrible at basketball/football, cursing at them and harassing them, going outside and recording the neighborhood children while yelling at them, going outside cursing/screaming at all hours of the day and night, all the way to threatening to shoot me while I was power washing my fence. I have talked to the father numerous times and he is just complicit. I think he’s afraid of his son honestly. I and my neighbors have heard him threatening to assault his father numerous times also. I have filed a police report and am pressing charges against him, but it’s been over a month and the police nor prosecutor have responded to inquiries on the status. The adult child has somewhat calmed down towards us and doesn’t talk directly to us anymore. He does however still go outside and act crazy scream/yell/etc….

I needed to be able to record, even if blurry, his actions and things he is saying towards me and my family, and possibly neighbors. Due to this I am looking to cover the whole outside of my house with video/audio if possible. The Reolink’s while not perfect were a cheap and at least partially effective way to get started with this so I don’t waste a lot of money since I can return them on Amazon until January 31st.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can this camera have firmware swapped to hikvision firmware?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is a Hikvision model rebranded for Annke, right? And if so, can you flash Hikvision firmware on this unit?

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is a Hikvision model rebranded for Annke, right? And if so, can you flash Hikvision firmware on this unit?
Yes however a little while back some people reported Annke had blocked flashing hikvision firmware so that’s why I was asking.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you configure it to only activate the LED lights in response to person/vehicle or tripwire detection? I’d rather it use IR until action then activate LED assistance if possible so it doesn’t attract additional bugs, or does the warm light of this model not attract insects?

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any reason to use the Annke firmware over the Hikvision or is the Hikvision always better?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any reason to use the Annke firmware over the Hikvision or is the Hikvision always better?
Sometimes the original will have functionality that the re-seller doesn't. But many times it is people wanna be a snob with the name brand LOL :lmao:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Annke, past Annke cameras have older software with security issues - so in some case you may want to update the firmware from Hikvision.
( Annke Cube camera, you can search for the older thread .. )

As this is a newer model camera, the firmware on the Annke branded models should imho be fairly new.