Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This kind of camera can be good as a overview camera for wide view.
You are correct Andy, These wide angle cameras are best for supplement, They do cover a big area and have their place. I could never see that far out in my back yard that clear even with a full moon. I find I have to screw around with it quite a bit before I can get it dialed in at a happy medium in the different locations I have been testing. Giving this more thought, This would be a perfect cam for a large indoor room like a banquet hall, indoor swimming pool or church, lots of light and shorter distances.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Could you show a 1/60 and 1/120 shutter comparison?
Well, I packed up all my dolls and dishes for the night, its a temp test rig so I suppose if its decent tomorrow I could give it a shot. ;)

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess luckily for me I only need to cover about 30 feet away from my house in any direction. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of outside light so I’m probably going to have to add some lighting with the cameras also. Downside is I may have to figure out how to run some POE lighting. Low voltage under siding is easy but trying to run high voltage outside without damaging walls is a different story I would imagine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I would assume that given the sensor size, it will perform similar to the 4K/X and T and that very little light is needed. It does need light, but with a small amount it can do very well.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now if only they would come out with a technology similar to what is in cars where it just gives you a 360 sky view that shows you everything around the property, then just allow you see the area an event is occurring, click on that area and see full color camera angles all around it… lol

bbmre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a camera like this that uses infrared instead of being intended for 24/7 color? The wide angle would be perfect for my driveway and would let me zoom my mini PTZs without losing overview coverage. I just don't think I have enough white light at night and don't want to run on-camera LEDs.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wondering why none of these 180 cams have IR illuminators built in. Would a separate IR illuminator work with these cams? Grown to dislike built-in led lights on cam due to the attraction of flying insects triggering motion recordings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering why none of these 180 cams have IR illuminators built in. Would a separate IR illuminator work with these cams? Grown to dislike built-in led lights on cam due to the attraction of flying insects triggering motion recordings.
Probably to keep the size down it doesnt have a moveable IR filter so they will not work with an external IR as the camera won't see IR.

Realistically people should have ambient light if they are getting full color cameras as the onboard lights can impact exposure and image.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably to keep the size down and because no they will not work with external IR as there is no IR filter in them so it won't see IR.

Realistically people should have ambient light if they are getting full color cameras as the onboard lights can impact exposure and image.
Actually, it is the other way around. IR filters block infrared light, and nearly every digital camera has one. In security cameras with an IR mode, the IR filter is mechanically movable to get it out of the light path during IR mode. Then in color mode the IR filter moves back into the light path and blocks IR from reaching the sensor.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I always get it confused and will revise the post lol, but the point is this camera doesn't have a movable filter so it wouldn't see the IR.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting cams. Parley seemes to have a better picture than the op. I'm guessing maybe the settings are better adjusted. The Op's ATV's look oversharp and have aretfacts.

One the positive side, I like the idea of cams that can cover a wide area. What I don't like is curvature, unless the software can straighten it out. Dahua looks ahead here, and I also wonder if they have any role beyond overview. eg With such a wide picture you're probably going to need to zoom in onto someone to identify or get a good close up. Does the camera have enough pixel density when spread over 180 degrees to achieve this or does the picture appear blurry when zoomed?

I'm seeing these as a great overview camera. Not sure I'm convinced yet as to their utility as a single camera for a location.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Now if only dahua or hik could put the 4k 1/1.2 sensors in these cams....
I think a lot of people would agree. I can't help but feel the CCTV manufactures are dragging their heels a bit behind other industries. We have mobile phone and action cameras with 1 inch sensors and huge MP values, as much as 100mp on some, although the latter would probably play havoc with storage on an NVR unless quality was set to 0! These devices are tiny compared to CCTV cameras. Apples to oranges maybe. But some mobile phones produce very good picture quality to say the lens look like they came out of a Christmas Cracker! That said, the night time performance of the 4K-X chips is very good irrespective of their smaller size.