Fed Ex Ground Shipping Hahaha

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought DHL would only run on the DHL network, if you're using DHL e-commerce that goes on a 50-state tour, but regular DHL service (global) relies on the DHL network only with no connection to USPS. I like collecting parcels directly from the DHL sorting facility, very convenient
I think that it depends on the service area. Here DHL was running full service just like Fedex and UPS (long ago). Then they went to having USPS do some last-mile delivery. Now they seem to be back to doing all delivery of theirs again but their shipping offerings are limited.

I do a lot of shipping and receiving for my business using various services. All of them have become kind of FUBAR over the last year or so. You'd think that it would have gotten better with the Covid stuff opening up more and figuring out how to work within all of that but I think that it's actually become worse.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I thought DHL would only run on the DHL network, if you're using DHL e-commerce that goes on a 50-state tour, but regular DHL service (global) relies on the DHL network only with no connection to USPS. I like collecting parcels directly from the DHL sorting facility, very convenient :D

Wondering what the package is doing in Japan for over three days straight, no movement, customs is probably thinking why would anyone buy a we
DHL not have the big network as FEDEX Or UPS in USA, some remote place, DHL will work with USPS to deliver the shipment. We lost 14PCS Cams in 2019 by USPS which for DHL shipment. Fedex very seldom lost parcels.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
FedEx guy just left an international shipment at my front door steps a couple of days ago without ringing bell or even waiting. Had I not been alerted / notified by my network, I would not have known that the parcel was delivered :(

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FedEx guy just left an international shipment at my front door steps a couple of days ago without ringing bell or even waiting. Had I not been alerted / notified by my network, I would not have known that the parcel was delivered :(
So I got a Smart Doorbell a few years ago thinking it would be great to get a notice every time I get a delivery with the press of the doorbell button. Haha, well since Ring/Nest became popular, No One presses the button anymore. I guess they think if they don't push it they don't get recorded??? Or maybe it is a Covid policy, don't know, but glad I have it connected to BI for motion events, the Doorbell does have PIR, but like BI better...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All forms of delivery here stopped ringing the door bell long ago, except DHL. Like two years or more ago. But I don't need them to. Bi and my front door cam alerts me just fine.
They don't even walk up the two steps to drop it at the door any more.
And I'm sure this is mainly because of the real time tracking the co's now do, and it's a time management requirement on the heads of the drivers.

Front Door 2021-09-05 01.23.38.931 PM.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We get a lot of FedX, some UPS, some USPS and a rare DHL every now and then. I know when they're coming as soon as they enter the property using BI/DS. The FedX lady is very nice and always takes a minute or two to say hello. I generally meet the UPS guy halfway up the driveway, residential deliveries are last with them and we're at the bitter end of his route so he's usually dragging butt when he gets here. DHL just leaves things at the front door. USPS is the worst. Since I put 6x6 curbing on the driveway she won't even pull in and tosses the packages over the driveway gate.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, more fun with UPS.
Last thursday, I initiated a return to amazon to be picked up here at home by UPS Next business day....which would have been friday, right?
No UPS, Fri or Sat. Holiday Monday, No show Tuesday.
Yesterday morning (wed) I checked the tracking number provided by amazon, lo and behold, it showed an attempt to pickup the package was made at 10PM Tuesday night. Um, no you didn't.
I chat with customer service, and tell them my plight. She replies, well, since we attempted pickup and the package wasn't ready, you will have to take to a shipping partner now.
I told her I have security cameras, and no one from UPS stepped foot on my property at anytime tuesday.
Then she back tracked and said she would message the local depot, and have them call me.
About 90 minutes after the end of that chat, they must have went down to the local highschool, hi-jacked a sophomore, and gave him a truck and put him to work.
As my package was finally picked up.
Front Door 2021-09-08 01.14.35.165 PM.jpg

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its been the same here as well, but UPS and USPS still knock and ring the bell. Now I have Blue Iris taking over all of this :facepalm:
All forms of delivery here stopped ringing the door bell long ago, except DHL. Like two years or more ago. But I don't need them to. Bi and my front door cam alerts me just fine.
They don't even walk up the two steps to drop it at the door any more.
And I'm sure this is mainly because of the real time tracking the co's now do, and it's a time management requirement on the heads of the drivers.

View attachment 101197

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
FedEx is a POS, hop on Redditt, its been crazy lately. FedEx systems crashed on several account in the last few weeks

UPS (National) and DHL (International) FTW ;)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
FedEx is a POS, hop on Redditt, its been crazy lately. FedEx systems crashed on several account in the last few weeks

UPS (National) and DHL (International) FTW ;)
DHL also not as fast as before, China mainland, Taiwan HONGKONG is on a public holidays, 3 days off, back to work on Wednesday, so shipment has some delay.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just saw an article, somewhere, that said FedX was about 100,000 people short of staff. That would explain a lot. We got a FedX delivery today and the delivery lady said she had delivered almost 200 packages already today and still had another 50 or 75 on the truck before she'd be done. I think they're just getting swamped.