Ezviz h8c 2K+ main stream not working on Hikvision NVR?

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Ezviz h8c 2K+ camera with latest firmware. Its working perfectly fine on Ezviz Studio/App and shows video in full resolution. I was able to add it easily to Hikvision 7616 nvr and its shows sub-stream on NVR as well. However, when I view camera in full-screen, then it goes blank. I've tried changing frame rate, bitrate etc for main-stream but nothing works.

Anyone know what could be the issue here?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know what could be the issue here?
Probably not without a little more basic information about the devices in question.

Hikvision 7616 nvr
What model of NVR and what firmware version?
How are you accessing the NVR - via the VGA/HDMI interface, or the web GUI?

when I view camera in full-screen, then it goes blank.
What codec is the camera set to on sub stream, such as h.264, h.264+, h,265, h.265+
What codec is the camera set to on main stream, such as h.264, h.264+, h,265, h.265+

I'm speculating that it may be an older model NVR that does not support h.265 on the VGA/HDMI interface.
The thumbnail video on a multi-screen usually uses the substream, the full screen usually uses the main stream.
But that's just guesswork at the moment.

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. 7616NXI-K2 (latest firmware V4.75.005_230630)
2. NVR supports H.265, other hikvision cameras also running on h.265 and working fine
3. Both main & substream are set to h.265
4. Main stream is failing in live view & playback on HDMI, Web GUI and Hikconnect. Only works if choose substream.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that's much clearer.
So - what happens on full-screen if you set h.264 instead of h.265 on main stream for the camera, as a test?

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FIXED

In Ezviz app. Go to Settings page for the camera. Privacy Settings -> Video Encryption. Disable it. Then reboot camera and NVR.