JackStone

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot seem to work out how to setup BI to email an alert when a camera is offline. I need to be notified when a camera is offline so that it can be rectified immediately.

I have setup the email server. But all the camera alerts seem to be for triggered events and I can't find anything that refers to an alert when the camera is offline.

Does anyone know how to acheive this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot seem to work out how to setup BI to email an alert when a camera is offline. I need to be notified when a camera is offline so that it can be rectified immediately.

I have setup the email server. But all the camera alerts seem to be for triggered events and I can't find anything that refers to an alert when the camera is offline.

Does anyone know how to acheive this?
camera properties>watchdog> trigger alerts after....
If you have a vital camera that is frequently going off line you should replace it..

JackStone

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, thats it! I have only had the one camera go offline on this system the once. Will hopefully be the first and last time, but was enough to remind me to configure the offline notifications.

The watchdog settings is obviuosly an individual camera setting. Is there an easy way to set the same watchdog settings on all cameras at once? I also don't seem to understand how the Copy Paste Copy & Paste buttons work. I cannot seen to copy one cameras setup to another, how are these functions indended to work and what am I doing wrong in getting them to work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you need to set the watchdog seprartely for each cam..the copy and past is only for the motion/record settings and only for a single camera to copy between profiles not from cam to cam..