Ds-7608ni-e2 new firmware v3.4.2

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely one of the better pieces of Software Hikvision has released in a while!

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone applied this update to a DS-78xxN-E1/E2? The 78xx series is the Chinese market only NVR and is identical to the DS-76xxNI-E1/E2. I'm running 3.4.0 build 150929 and the GUI is English only. I don't want to apply the update and then watch the NVR switch to Chinese.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would proceed with extreme caution. I know there were some fundamental architecture changes with in the firmware (as it pertains to boot and image loading) from v3.4.1 to v3.4.2 which have dogged us a bit even on Western Region (USA, South America and European units). I have no direct experience however with any Chinese Region equipment so can not definitively tell you one way or the other.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would proceed with extreme caution. I know there were some fundamental architecture changes with in the firmware (as it pertains to boot and image loading) from v3.4.1 to v3.4.2 which have dogged us a bit even on Western Region (USA, South America and European units). I have no direct experience however with any Chinese Region equipment so can not definitively tell you one way or the other.
Wise words which of course I didn't listen to! https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9549-Upgrading-beyond-3-4-0-on-a-Chinese-(lang-2)-HV-NVR

Looks like I'm stuck at 3.4.0 for now.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I no longer buy or recommend any China region locked gear from Hikvision. Saving a few $$ over a hassle with upgrades is not worth it.

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found it on an other forum. Always impossible to add Hik Chinese Cam, lang mistmacch :-(

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems not, language mistmach even in ONVIF.. :-( for an Hik DS-2CD2145F-IS gone in Chinese lang

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I downgrade my 7608ni-e2 to 3.3.9 and now my 2CD2145F-IS is working with ONVIF without language mistmach.

But resolution is 704 x 576 max :-( any idea why ? ONVIF protocol problem ? in explorer cam works perfectly in 1920 x 1080

Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But resolution is 704 x 576 max :-( any idea why ? ONVIF protocol problem ?
That sounds like it's picking up the sub stream, not the main stream.
ONVIF should be fine for resolution, you should be able to select as normal.
Check out the ONVIF main profile settings with the Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for your repply, ok i'm going to check my cam with the ONVIF tool.
If i use protocol ONVIF with other cam i've got the same result, something like sub stream, so you are certainly right!

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I check with the ONVIF tool, the mainprofile works perfectly, but with my NVR 7608ni-e2 impossible to use with ONVIF the mainprofile only the substream seems to be selected, so image is too bad 704 x 576 in little or big windows.
I disable substream in protocole windows, but problem is the same only 704 * 576 ..

Any solution to use the cam with my NVR ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I check with the ONVIF tool, the mainprofile works perfectly,
OK, so the finger does indeed point at the NVR.
Going back a step or 2 - where exactly does the low-resolution image show?
NVR web GUI - Live View, Playback, snapshot etc?
In Camera Management, under Video/Audio - does the dropdown for Stream Type show both Main Stream and Sub Stream, and what shows in Resolution if you select either?
Under Storage | Storage Management, Advanced button, what stream is available or selected for recording?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seems not, language mistmach even in ONVIF.. :-( for an Hik DS-2CD2145F-IS gone in Chinese lang
3.3.x was the last NVR firmware version that permitted unpatched chinese-regioned devices to connect to the recorder. As of 3.4.x, that security flaw has been patched. Regardless of protocol, no dice.

The camera's firmware version is irrelevant, so long as the region flag is patched properly. The web interface language on the camera is not the same as the actual language flag that is being checked by the recorder. That is the secret sauce that is still highly sought after as time goes on, newer cameras are released, and higher firmware versions flashed.