Ds-7608ni-e2 new firmware v3.4.2

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well we all know the story don't upgrade unless you really have to. If it ain't broke it don't need fixing.

Hikvision should really outline what bugs have been fixed, will save us all the hassle of upgrading then downgrading etc if the update don't work

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Well we all know the story don't upgrade unless you really have to. If it ain't broke it don't need fixing.

Hikvision should really outline what bugs have been fixed, will save us all the hassle of upgrading then downgrading etc if the update don't work
Isnt most of it broke anyway lol, it would be nice to see the cameras extra features surfaced in the NVR and NVR web UI interface, would also be nice to NOT see the Picture option if you dont have vehicle plate ID cams, that always baffled me, Hik made an actual tab with a full page in the webUI specially for plate recognition ?? how many are actually using it !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Isnt most of it broke anyway lol, it would be nice to see the cameras extra features surfaced in the NVR and NVR web UI interface
What specific features do you mean?
It seems like pretty good coverage to me.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
What specific features do you mean?
It seems like pretty good coverage to me.
I couldn't be bothered to list the things missing from the NVR Web Ui that the camera UI has Alastair BUT ... couldn't wait, i pulled the update trigger and all seems very well, still the advanced cam features are missing in the NVR web Ui but there has been some improvements here and there along with some settings alignments and along with the update comes a web components update

and as stated above do not update if you feel you don't need to... i just like new things, good or bad :cool:

and i especially like the mouse wheel digital zoom and move instead of the draw a red box approach, much better ty Hikvision, now just give us the advanced cam features in the NVR web UI and it would save logging into the cam and all the support questions they must surely get regarding the issue

AND i now get picture notifications via email ... yayyy its working - at the moment :nevreness: <--- thats a nervous smiley btw

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I absolutely see no difference in web ui, but new updates are always welcome.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Upgrade from 3.34 to 3.42
Nice new features, but "abnormal shutdown" starts again..:sad:
Rollback to 3.34, the most stable version..

ABNORMAL.png

systmworks

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried applying this firmware to my NVR (DS-7608NI-E2) but every time I get an error "Failed to get the upgrading process" so it remains on v3.3.4 that it shipped with.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those getting the failed upgrade messages, we have also experienced isolated problems upgrading some units from v.3.3.x to v.3.4.2 on about half of our DS-76XXNI-E2 units. I recommend going to v3.4.0 or v3.4.1 first and then try upgrading to v3.4.2. If that doesn't work then try a bootloader tftp upgrade (if you have a working firmware you may have to reboot a few times to get it to look for a tftp upgrade at boot up and make sure spanning tree is turned off on your switch or it will block the port during the bootup tftp upgrade attempt). I can also report that in situations where it required multiple steps to upgrade to v3.4.2 the only way to downgrade to an earlier than v.3.4.2 version was via tftp. Also, if downgrading from Euro/ML to a USA image I recommend downgrading all the way to v3.3.4 build 150616 to prevent configuration file corruption.

Lastly, v3.4.2 seems to work best with DS-2x22,2x42 Cameras running v5.3.8 build 151224 (not on the Euro ftp/website yet but available to distributors and shipping on all new WR Value Plus line Cameras) especially now that sensitivity and picture settings are consistent between NVR and Camera.

Hiky, we have been promised an early release firmware (v3.5.x) for the NVRs that will support Smart Event features (ie. intrusion detection and line crossing) at an NVR level. Hikvision says that are going to set it our way this month so if and when we get it I will let you know if we will finally be able to set (and retain) Smart Events on Hikvision NVRs.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any word yet on the replacement "Webcomponents" plug-in architecture that was originally to be available in November 2015?

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you referring to an updated or webcomponents alternative for Chrome compatibility?

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sadly, I have all but given up for now. My understanding is that it will require a total web based gui overhaul (not sure why tho) and had we stopped asking about this in mid-2015 when we were never given any real timeline. We are now resigned to the reality the IE is the browser we are going to be using for Hikvision configuration through an http interface.

I will say on a positive note that last month the new version of the 'Batch Config Tool' which actually contains all the functionality of SADP, Batch Config/Cloning, Batch Upgrade as well as Individual Configuration all in one nice reliable program. The version is v2.0.0.0 build 20160121 and can be found here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/16 Batch Config Tool/

The tool provides, in my opinion, a better interface to now easily configure every aspect of the Cameras (and NVRs) many of which were not available through the web interface in the past. Simply "+ Add" the device to the upper window and highlight the configuration area and you will see a little gear wheel that you click on and the entire tree of everything you would ever want to configure pops right up. Really convenient and useful.

Hope this helps.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Any word yet on the replacement "Webcomponents" plug-in architecture that was originally to be available in November 2015?
This was one of advantages for a while that Hikvision cams had they supported Chrome browser, I lost hope waiting support for this update though... but gotten used to Chrome IE tab extension as it's being advertised by all other cheap cams.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say on a positive note that last month the new version of the 'Batch Config Tool'
Thanks for that heads-up, I'll take a look.
If it matches the simple effectiveness of SADP, it will be a good addition to the toolkit.

On the topic of plugin replacements - QNAP Surveillance Station now transfers you to the 'QVR Client', the pre-existing stand-alone viewer, when you hit the Playback or Monitor (Live View) functions in the web GUI.
But it always has been, and still is, cranky and unreliable and downright unpredictable, not a good program at all.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say on a positive note that last month the new version of the 'Batch Config Tool'
I've downloaded this a couple of times - and each time I get a complaint from Windows (MSE) that the signature is invalid or corrupt.
Is anyone else getting the same result?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The tool provides, in my opinion, a better interface to now easily configure every aspect of the Cameras (and NVRs) many of which were not available through the web interface in the past.
It's pretty good! Lot's of detailed configuration facilities available.
And happy enough to configure a CN camera that has a Chinese language web GUI.