DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Natively it’s a single stream. Didn’t see any options to split it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That will happen regardless of the camera. You can try adjusting the angle to minimize it as well as getting off default settings that are designed to let as much light in as possible. Once you get to a 1/60 or 1/120 shutter it can help to knock some of that down, so a combination of slight angle change and faster shutter can take a lot of that way, but you have lots of light so I don't think it will completely disappear.

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, shutter speed didn't help. Albeit, 1/60 appears to work pretty good for night time. Still testing what I can get out of it with. Softlight tends to trigger once at 1/60 (if I don't disable it) but not if I have porch lights on. Unfortunately, the main server I use needs a new cpu fan so I'm currently running everything on a very robust gaming machine. Which allows me to get away with some leeway concerning server load. Got the motion detection CodeProject AI working very functional. And, am very happy with the picture. Is night and day compare to my reolink.

Albeit, need to figure out if I can fix the stitching. Attached is a pic. It's only a problem on the bottom portion as you can see when the delivery driver is opening the gate. Gonna see if the software fixes it, or since this is my first bullet, not 100% sure how to rotate the darn thing such that when the camera angles down a bit, it points more towards the grass.

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately, shutter speed didn't help. Albeit, 1/60 appears to work pretty good for night time. Still testing what I can get out of it with. Softlight tends to trigger once at 1/60 (if I don't disable it) but not if I have porch lights on. Unfortunately, the main server I use needs a new cpu fan so I'm currently running everything on a very robust gaming machine. Which allows me to get away with some leeway concerning server load. Got the motion detection CodeProject AI working very functional. And, am very happy with the picture. Is night and day compare to my reolink.

Albeit, need to figure out if I can fix the stitching. Attached is a pic. It's only a problem on the bottom portion as you can see when the delivery driver is opening the gate. Gonna see if the software fixes it, or since this is my first bullet, not 100% sure how to rotate the darn thing such that when the camera angles down a bit, it points more towards the grass.
Does DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL have any option on Splicing distance like the Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180? You can adjust the stitching distance with Dahua T-180 in the GUI like this.Splicing option.jpg

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, it has something similar. Have yet to play with it. Probably will try 3 for starters. A simple configuration turn out putting all the bells and whistles on my new install machine including setting up an NTP server and still seeing how close I can get to identify from sidewalk in. Don't expect it at all, but this camera is such a nice treat given my previous one. What a difference! :
splicing.jpg

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the stitch will always be there. It's just a matter of where you want it to be. Just played around with it. Camera is at 8-8.5 feet high. So, think it is meant to be a couple feet higher. But, would be bumping against a rafter if it went higher. Did manage get a twist in such that it is along the fence line now. And, can judge by where it warps the fence as to it's location. The stitch starts out close at 10 m. And, as you set that variable closer, it warps things further out. At 3 - 5 m it was ghosting the corner fence post. Adjusted it to 6m to get some congruity for now. So, that is an interesting note on the camera.

Bradyboyy88

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Curious if others are deciding between this camera and the DS-2CD2387G2-LU. Leaning towards the latter.

Last edited:

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Curious if others are deciding between this camera and the DS-2CD2387G2-LU. Leaning towards the latter.
They’re two very different cameras. This one has dual lenses for 180 degrees of native viewing, which would require 2x 2CD2387G2 at 4mm (~88deg each) to achieve a similar view.

Bradyboyy88

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They’re two very different cameras. This one has dual lenses for 180 degrees of native viewing, which would require 2x 2CD2387G2 at 4mm (~88deg each) to achieve a similar view.
Yea I’m aware of that. Overall though they are two of the top contenders from hikvision for this 8mp market (spliced sensors or not) in this 200-300 price bracket. I just figured these two would be what most users are deciding between if going for hikvision. Atleast I’m on the fence between deciding on if the fov is for this panoramic leaves anything to be desired when compared to this other model. Thoughts how they compare other than the viewing angle?

Last edited:

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another difference is the the 180deg cam is 8mp across the whole viewing area, whereas the 88deg cam is 8mp across just that. So it gives you twice the PPI numbers.

if you just need an overview cam, get the 180deg, but you’ll need to supplement it with more cams anyways - it can’t be your only cam, unless it’s located <15ft from your target capture area. Compare their DORI numbers.

I have both in my front yard setup for example. The 180deg to see the whole front steet, and a 102deg one located closer to the steet to get better face PPI.

Bradyboyy88

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another difference is the the 180deg cam is 8mp across the whole viewing area, whereas the 88deg cam is 8mp across just that. So it gives you twice the PPI numbers.

if you just need an overview cam, get the 180deg, but you’ll need to supplement it with more cams anyways.

I have both in my front yard setup for example. The 180deg to see the whole front steet, and a 102deg one located closer to the steet to get better face PPI.
So you have both of these models? My house is a perfect rectangle so I could do the 2387g2 on the corner soffet and get a decentl angle/coverage with 4mm or get this panoramic and put in the center of the soffit and take advantage of the 180 degrees. I’m torn and it’s a trade off but really I just want the best picture day and night but in theory I’m worried the 8mp cancels out the 1/1.2 sensor increase compared to the 4mp with the 1/1.8 sensors. Would be cool to see some feedback between these two and if you had to choose one which would you go with basically.

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
That will happen regardless of the camera. You can try adjusting the angle to minimize it as well as getting off default settings that are designed to let as much light in as possible. Once you get to a 1/60 or 1/120 shutter it can help to knock some of that down, so a combination of slight angle change and faster shutter can take a lot of that way, but you have lots of light so I don't think it will completely disappear.
Actually, the starburst effect is only significant in the right camera vs the left one of the panoramic view.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I said angle has an effect and with this camera having two lens, the cameras are at slightly different angles to each other and the location and number of light sources are different left versus right so it can be more pronounced than a single camera.

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you checked out
I am getting pretty consistent events with CodeProject AI but it took some wrangling. And, probably isn't ideal for most since I'm using an Nvidia 3090 with 24 g of RAM to do the processing. When the panoramic is at an angle, there is a huge difference in distances that if you are using the substream didn't result in motion without setting motion detection to minimum and object detection to 15 pixels. Then had to zone out extraneous trees that could also trigger motion.

Another problem I had is that my street has heavy traffic during the day. So, a motion event and AI analysis could occur with human traffic (the only event I am looking for) being missed in the last 3/4 of the trigger. So, I ended up with the Make Time set to 0.5, Break Time set to 2 seconds, and analyzed 8 images at 250 ms. So, basically covered the entire trigger. And, alerts are set on trigger and retrigger so there should be a reanalysis every re-trigger. It's AI processing heavy for a single camera but the card can cover it even while I play my favorite game. Might be a different story once I fix my servers cpu fan.

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone having problems setting the "Image Parameter Switch" on this camera? Messing around with the GUI, it gives no option once a display settings scene is selected to change the time. You can select what months it applies (doesn't appear to do anything) to but once you hit apply it does nothing:
1684742927580.png

Attachments

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
As I said angle has an effect and with this camera having two lens, the cameras are at slightly different angles to each other and the location and number of light sources are different left versus right so it can be more pronounced than a single camera.
The lens ended up being dirty. A little bit of cleaning resolved the issue.

Flash2020

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL a few days ago in my backyard. The backyard doesn't have any trees or any other moving objects. The problem is that its reporting motion a few hundred times a day while nothing is actually moving. I tried both Basic Motion Detection and Smart events and I'm on the lowest sensitivity possible. Motion is reported both during the day and night. I also tried to enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion, but its not showing anything on the recorded image. I have 6 other Hikvision cameras (some older some newer) connected to the same Blue Iris and non of them is having such issues. I would switch to BI motion detection, but I was hopping to use the "Flashing Alarm Light" when motion is detected and I'm not sure if its possible to trigger it externally from BI. Any idea what could be the problem ?

JBjorn

n3wb
Reaction score
I also found problems if this cam is set to H264. Blue iris will not export it at its highest resolution. So, had to manually parse the .bvr file using ffmpeg from H264 to H265 this afternoon when I was sending a clip to the police of folks checking to see again (this is the third time) if they could steal my neighbors catalytic converter.