DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys are you getting the cams ONVIF triggers? I usually prefer using to Cams detection events to trigger BI.

I've got following enabled

In BI:

Get ONVIF trigger events
Camera's digital input or motion alarm

In Cam
Line Crossing Detection: Enabled
Arming Schedule: ALL
Linkage Method: Notify Surveillance Center checked, Trigger Recording A1 checked.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Now that the Dahua IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE model has been around for a while and I've seen that on Alibaba it's around 195 € (I'll ask Andy for the price tomorrow). Which of the two models do you think is worth the Dahua or Hikvision?

I like the Dahua model better, the 4096×1800 resolution is much better than the flat Hikvision 5120×1440.

On YouTube you will find very few reviews of this camera, and it is probably because of the expensive price that has been discussed on the previous pages.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im thinking of buying one of these but would like to see one of these displayed locally on an external display. Viewing one of these on a 2x2 split with the panoview spanning the top 2 by creating a custom split. Is this possible and does it perfectly span the split view?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried this settings and still can’t get things to work. It comes up no streams at all. Also, no audio.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive just received an OEM version of this camera from Aliexpress, It's called a DT387G2P-LSU/SL. I upgraded the firmware straight away to the official latest from the portal and seems to work fine.

Im guessing this is the exact same model as the 2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL and has the same features just unbranded OEM?

Am i correct in thinking this is only available in 4mm with 2 x 4mm lenses and no 2.8mm option?

Thanks

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m having trouble getting just “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” to send push notifications. Has anyone had a problem like this. I have to check “motion sensor” box to get push notifications. But then It goes off for no apparent reason. My Dahua cameras with AI, I only have box checked that say’s “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” and it sends push notice just fine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m having trouble getting just “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” to send push notifications. Has anyone had a problem like this. I have to check “motion sensor” box to get push notifications. But then It goes off for no apparent reason. My Dahua cameras with AI, I only have box checked that say’s “camera’s digital input or motion alarm” and it sends push notice just fine.
Does it go off for no apparent reason just once when the camera is restarting in BI or is it random all the time?

Some cameras when they restart in BI it acts like an external trigger

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’t could be. I’m checking that now. Could it have something to do with setting alert if camera was tampered with? I was hoping to only use the cameras AI over CPAI. So not to use up computing power. Thanks

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does it go off for no apparent reason just once when the camera is restarting in BI or is it random all the time?

Some cameras when they restart in BI it acts like an external trigger
Okay. I don’t why it‘s triggering but it was not due to camera reset. Maybe a blade of grass moved or something.:) I’ll leave it for now and see what happens. I can always put it on pause if it keeps going off.

jb449

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the supplemental lights to trigger with motion? I only see an option to have the lights flash. Also, is there anyway to get BI to send a signal to the camera so we don't have to rely on the built-in motion detection?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the supplemental lights to trigger with motion? I only see an option to have the lights flash. Also, is there anyway to get BI to send a signal to the camera so we don't have to rely on the built-in motion detection?
There is a thread on here that tells how to set this camera to do what you want. It's a setting in the GUI that has to do with giving a password. it fixed my camera but I cant figure were it's at. Maybe search
that may not be the thread. I'll get into my camera at let you know.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay. in camera GUI, have you gone to advanced settings, intergration protocol, add a name and password. Then run BI find/inspect. after that add a substeram to the proper box. There is a thread that explains better. I just can't remember the location of the thread.

ri3eboi

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Hikvision dual lens camera (DS-2CD3T87FP2-LS) from China with 5120 x 1440 resolution, got it all setup in BI.

Love the video quality, especially night video quality (1.8" CMOS sensor rocks), but found the AI detection to be hit or miss (CodeProject AI).

Wanted to know others' experiences using AI detection with these. Are you missing any events? What kind of AI configuration are you using?

ri3eboi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I purchased it in China and brought it back to the US. I have 4 other Hikvision cameras bought in China in my BI setup, working like champs for the last 8 years.

ri3eboi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, yes I indeed have watched the video you shared. After more tweaking I think I got what I wanted, the camera is working great now! I had to turn on object detection in BI for the camera for it the motion sensing to work reliably.