DS-2CD2032F-I hang up after FW update

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
after update my 2032F-I cam (originally on the carton I read V5.3.0_150513) progress went up to 100% then it rebootet and now I have no access to it and it isn_t shown in SADP. I updated it cause I wanted to bring it to EZVIZ but that denied to add it. If I scan the QR on the cam it shows another web with a 7 in it and that seems to be chinese.
I read about downgrades by whoslooking but I have no access to the cam and I don't see an IP.
What to do to get it work again?
Thanks for your help

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
the tftp can not work (after message 192.0.0.128 initialized ....nothing happens)

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
TFTP should be working, is your computer on the same network as your camera? Did you power cycle the camera after starting the TFTP server?

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Yes, same Network, cable ftom computer to poeswitch and switch to camera. Plug out and plug in rj45 for unpower cam.
Ip of computer to the O O128,of course

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a router in there somewhere?

It sounds like you gave the computer the same IP address as what's on the camera.

Also never trust what the box says for firmware version as most/all of the ones you buy in the brown box and Chinese market cameras which have been hacked for English and usually come with 5.2.5 firmware.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Before the camera hang up, it had another ip. For use of tftp I just change computer to 192.0.0.128 and switch off wlan and shut down firewall. But there is no progress in tftp, just the first line ( even after unplug plug camera)....what to do?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you updated the camera did you have it setup the same way? So it was computer, switch , camera?

How did you set the IP address before on the computer and camera?

Sometimes SADP won't see it for some reason if you have it setup slightly incorrectly.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
The update was done on the system (login via its ip 192.168.2.10, computer was on fixed ip 192.168.2.1)
so the latest ip of camera was 192.168.2.10 but after update 100% it rebootet and hang up. Now I have no chance and I don't know a way to make an update (e.g. thid downgrade to 5.2.5) . I unscrewed the cover of the sd slot, there is a small reset button but even that didn't help. Any idea how to "wake it up" again?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
after update my 2032F-I cam (originally on the carton I read V5.3.0_150513)
What did you update it with?
SADP is usually a reliable finder even when the camera ends up on a different subnet from the PC.
Suggestion:
Download and install the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
It does not cross subnets like SADP, but is a pretty useful tool anyway, and finds ONVIF devices by their broadcast responses.
Try the 2 default IP addresses of a camera with a reset configuration, ie
Set your PC to 192.0.0.128, ping 192.0.0.64 and see if ODM and SADP find anything.
Set your PC to 192.168.1.128, ping 192.168.1.64 and see if ODM and SADP find anything.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
nothing happens, not via browser or odm or sadp. Only light indicator on poeswitch shows that it tries to get connection but no possibility on both mentioned ip adresses
:(
do I have to throw the nice camera in the waste bin?

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
No chance, additionally reset adress to 64 by pushing resetbutton for 30seconds while power up does not help. Only indicator flashing on the poeswitch and then timeout error on connection

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can send it to me :p

The camera does power up right? IR lights come on during initial power up.

When you say it tries to get connection. Does you switch have 3 lights? one for connection speed, activity and one for POE?

What lights display on the cameras port on the switch? It might be looking for a DHCP server.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, ir lights up when power is on. My switch only has one indicator for each plug and it flashes when I try to look for connection.
How to try other way, how to dhcp?
the camera is teasing me. Is there any other chance to get it back to life?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What pattern is the indicator light showing? is it like a on/off/on/off like every half second or second?

Just hook the switch up to a router. The router will assign the IP address to the camera.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, on/off/on/off, sometimes doubleflash or longer indicator light on, sometimes on/off/on/off in this halfsecond step

Putting it directly to the router I can not get on it either. (fixed IP of computer)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you can't see it on SADP either when connected to router?

My camera had an issue where the switch would just do an on/off/on/off thing as well. I believe it was a connection issue. Not 100% sure what fixed it.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
no chance to see it on sadp, not when connected directly to computer, not when connected to router, not when computer fixed ip, not when computer variable ip

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
no, that I didn't. But it worked before my "shit update try" perfectly (only it was not possible to bring it to EZVIZ (scanning the QR code on it bring a chinese www.ys7.com , EZVIZ could find my cam and in the cam I could find a menue accepting ezviz but ezviz could find my cam but said, cam is not allowed)
In your opinion I should make a try with seperate voltage-supply?