DS-2CD2032F-I hang up after FW update

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another IP-cam (in my storage from a friend who installed a NVR-system and doesn't use that one) and that one is detected immediately by the Onvif device manager...so there is no problem with the poe switch or voltage of it or cable break. That all is OK, just the cam does not want to be contacted at all :( ....toooo sad

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since it looks like you're running out of options might as well give it a try.

Hikvision stuff does weird things, so even if it was working fine before over POE it might not work properly anymore.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
if I look into my router, there is only a IPV6-adress for it, no IPV4-adress. When I ping the IPV6 I get OK result (send 4 packages, receive 4 packages, no loss, min time 2ms , max time 4ms, average 2ms) .....but that's all, no other I get no results. I tried the extra voltage supply ( no use of POE as a try), srewed it open and looked the plugs inside it, the power on LED inside is light up.
Does anyone have a good idea what I could do?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You mean you have an public IPv6 address right?

Not sure how that relates to your issue.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
when I plug the cam to the router, the router shows a LAN connection with an ipv6 adress but no ip4 adress. I can ping that ipv6 and it responses as it should but I can not reach the camera via browser and it is not shown on sdap and odm...strange, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: