DMSS and no notifications

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ideally yes

And when you plug them back in one at a time, wait and let them move to the bottom pane by themselves, dont maunally add

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I commend you for hanging in there! :)
LOL!!!!!!! I almost threw it out the door a couple of times. Fingers crossed that this all works or it all may just become an expensive boat anchor :). Just finished resetting the NVR and cameras and have uninstalled the DMSS app. Waiting for the NVR to finish rebooting and have a go at it again... :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!! I almost threw it out the door a couple of times. Fingers crossed that this all works or it all may just become an expensive boat anchor :). Just finished resetting the NVR and cameras and have uninstalled the DMSS app. Waiting for the NVR to finish rebooting and have a go at it again... :)
Most of us have been at the "throw it out the door, run over it with a big truck multiple times" stage. :)

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, last question for the day, I promise. @bigredfish the cameras are not automatically going to the bottom as stated here
UPDATED:
When using the built-in PoE ports, the NVR will assign them an IP (10.1.1.x) and a local port (1,2,3) and they will automatically populate the bottom pane as described above. You cant add them manually or it will mess up.

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All 5 cameras loaded fine and now it's Miller time!! Well, me an Ole Grand-dad to sit awhile and relax together. Once again, Thanks for all the help. Hopefully, tomorrow will go smoothly as I follow @
wittaj's post on 11 Aug in setting up the cameras (P2P) and then getting the notifications in DMSS. Cheers

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I'm sad that I have to report that nothing changed, none of the 5442s will send an alert. I am at a total loss here now at what to do next.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Backup one step.

Are they triggering?

• show a pic of IVS setup screen on one of the 5442s
  • verify you have smarty plan enabled for IVS on that camera
  • can you verify triggering using the live screen with bounding boxes flashing red?

Last edited:

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Backup one step.

Are they triggering?

• show a pic of IVS setup screen on one of the 5442s
  • verify you have smarty plan enabled for IVS on that camera
  • can you verify triggering using the live screen with bouncing boxes flashing red?
I was just watching a video stating I need to enable IVS in Smart Plan. I am trying that now.