DMSS and no notifications

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I test to see if the IVS alerts are being recorded? Can I do this with the NVR or do I need to add a SD card in and then test (make movement in front of the camera) and then review on the SD card?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best way is an SD card, but the next best way is from the camera GUI, turn on the IVS rules in the live view and have someone walk around and see if one of the blue lines turns red. If it turns red it is triggering. If it stays blue, then it is not triggering.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR has to be set to record them…

Read posts #1 and 2

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best way is an SD card, but the next best way is from the camera GUI, turn on the IVS rules in the live view and have someone walk around and see if one of the blue lines turns red. If it turns red it is triggering. If it stays blue, then it is not triggering.
Testing that now

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If I recall there’s a box that has to be checked on the NVR to allow alerts through to P2P.. give me a few minutes, balancing a bourbon and a kielbasa at the moment..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And you have been making a lot of changes and the NVR could be all conflicted now. It is probably a good time to power cycle the NVR. Unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is the way it should be. By default the NVR puts the cameras on the 10.0.0.x subnet.

DO NOT CHANGE THE CAMERAS TO THE SAME IP ADDRESS OF THE NVR - that will create way too many issues. Almost everyone here has it working successfully with the cams on the default 10.0.0.x subnet, so the issue is something else.

Is your NVR on the same IP address subnet as your LAN?

Are you able to see the NVR when not on home wifi?

The issue could maybe be the P2P server is down as well.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you checked that P2P is still active and "online" via network settings on NVR. Also in network settings check DNS preferred 8.8.8.8 and alternative 8.8.4.4?

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The mobile push notifications is on. I just unplugged the NVR for 30 seconds and plugged back in. I cannot find the setting to enable the IVS rule in the Live view to show if the color changes when a motion is made.

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shows offline for me too. Ok, so what is the best solution to overcome this. I do not want to be at the mercy of a system that may have issues like this.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So it's a internal networking issue or as bigredfish has said a server issue. All online for me in the UK.