DMSS and no notifications

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes it's worth unsubscribing from the notifications and then resubscribe. Typical bugs with the awful DMSS.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. For the life of me, I cannot figure this out. It looks like everything is set up correctly.

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after a factory reset and set up, reinstalled DMSS I now get notifications from one of my cameras, not the one where I attached the screenshots but my T-180. I'm confused as to why only that one is sending notifications

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that camera and IVS rule checked on the app under ?
Device Settings
Multi Channel Alarm Subscription

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that camera and IVS rule checked on the app under ?
Device Settings
Multi Channel Alarm Subscription
In the app, under "Multi Channel Alarm Subscription" I have Tripwire Alarm and have all 5 cameras selected but only the T-180 is triggering a notification. I know in the 5442 camera (screenshots added previously to this thread) the IVS Tripwire rule is configured.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So you’ve made progress. The NVR is communicating via P2P.

so back to making sure those other 4 cameras are actually activating tripwire…

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you’ve made progress. The NVR is communicating via P2P.

so back to making sure those other 4 cameras are actually activating tripwire…
Yes, small bits here. The T-180 is good it seems just the 5442s not. Can you have more than one event trigger? For example, on the camera itself is where I am configuring these events mind you, so can I choose Smart Motion Detection and IVS and Smart detection, etc or only one is allowed or at least recommended.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't want to mix IVS and MD/SMD. Choose one or the other.

You can run multiple IVS. For example one that will trigger further out and record and another closer that will then alert you.

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I configured IVS only in the 5442 and I cannot get notifications for it. This is the 2nd 5442 I have tried. In the app I have all 5 set for Tripwire notifications. I have removed them from the Manage Subscription Alerts and re-added to no avail. Only one working is the T 180

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best practice is to factory reset 3 times, apply firmware update. Factory reset 3 more times. And then set camera up from scratch.

I know it sounds weird but those that do that don't have problems.

Did you plug all the cameras into NVR at same time? Like when you factory reset were they all plugged in or did you follow @bigredfish PSA and plug them in one at a time and not plug next one in until the previous one is found and loaded up?

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best practice is to factory reset 3 times, apply firmware update. Factory reset 3 more times. And then set camera up from scratch.

I know it sounds weird but those that do that don't have problems.

Did you plug all the cameras into NVR at same time? Like when you factory reset were they all plugged in or did you follow @bigredfish PSA and plug them in one at a time and not plug next one in until the previous one is found and loaded up?
I did NOT follow Bigredfish PSA. I did the factory reset on the NVR while the cameras were plugged in. So are you saying to reset all the cameras now back to factory and set up again from scratch one at a time?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you need to start over as you have now IP conflicted the cams. One at a time

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No those are ok- the PoE cams show up that way. That looks to be the the same cam

editcam.jpg

Last edited: