Discontinuing language solutions

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your new cameras are version 5.3.0 Tom' fix won't work by the way.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no the new chines cameras have this version

DS-2CD2032 V5.2.8 build 141231
DS-2CD2732F V5.2.5 build 141201

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The way Tom's fix work was the mtd hack; but it just created a backup of the original files.
Just in case you want to undo the changes.
Because of the way the mtd 0 is set out in the camera's before 5.2.5 those versions with CBX fix or the mtd hack will be semi permanent, I say semi,because if a serial code check was done on all mtd hacked camera's that were region 1 language but region 2 serial code then the grey market stops right there, unless another regional fix is applied, ( not that hard ) lol.
It lucky, now looking a some of the first builds of fw how they hold a lots of keys to the later builds, including the way they updated mtd 0 and 1.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no the new chines cameras have this version

DS-2CD2032 V5.2.8 build 141231
DS-2CD2732F V5.2.5 build 141201
OK a little learning for you is needed, but a simple 5.2.5 hack is all that is needed for both theses camera's.

If you get no luck from Tom, I will provide you with the help needed to sort these out and into English for you.
With no cost for my time.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK a little learning for you is needed, but a simple 5.2.5 hack is all that is needed for both theses camera's.

If you get no luck from Tom, I will provide you with the help needed to sort these out and into English for you.

ok thanks a lot, i will just wait some days if Tom react.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

i am checked today again and interestingly my updated DS-7608NI-SE/P08 20131110BBRR44096....... V.3.0.15 build 150528 Encoding v1.0 build 140828 has different problems all NVR 4 POE ports showing language mismatch with new cameras 5.25 and 5.28 . The 4 switched POE ports, all cameras are online and working fine with cbx region changed and 5.20 patched.

If i am connect one of the working cameras to the POE port from NVR i am getting Network abnormal the green lights are on. I just assuming there are maybee to different problems .

1. i have to region change Chinese 5.25 and 5.28 cameras
2. The NVR DS-7608NI-SE/P updated to 3.015 are included at Release note . It should be work.
3. Would it be possible to update this NVR to 3.21 ?

It makes me crazy how much time i invert in this system until it works? Thanks for any helph.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you have 4 series cameras the upgrade is little use to you, the fw you have on your NVR will not allow both region camera's.
So you would need to mtd hack the camera's to remove the region mis-match.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unless you have 4 series cameras the upgrade is little use to you, the fw you have on your NVR will not allow both region camera's.
i understand completely but this is just one problem . If the Chinese cameras are not connected thhroug nvr intern poe it has to work with the flasht 5.20 fro CBX but dos not. Was i did now was checking again 3.0.15 version from NVR and uploaded with TFTP again 3.0.15 and this is the result

strange TFTP started and after all than NVR boot normally but not getting TFTP success.
between update, the NVR was only connected over my laptop and switch nothing else..

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i understand completely but this is just one problem . If the Chinese cameras are not connected the nvr intern poe hast to work with the flasht 5.20 fro CBX but dos not. Was i did now was checking again 3.0.15 version from NVR and unloaded with TFTP and this is the result

strange TFTP started and after all than NVR boot normally but not getting TFTP success.
between update, the NVR was only connected over my laptop and switch nothing else..

Attachments

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
now the NVR logs like this i will check your mtd hack today .

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can either do the mtd hack or put 3.07 or 3.08 fw onto your NVR both options will resolve this error.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can either do the mtd hack or put 3.07 or 3.08 fw onto your NVR both options will resolve this error.
if i use 3.07 or 3.08 NVR i don't have VCA on it. Without linecrossing the hole system are useless for me through 100 of false alarms dally.
i will do the mtd hack. checking best download site for putty.
only putty exe dos not connect to camera . telnet activated on camera Do you have an download link for working Putty on windows system?

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PuTTY download here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
You should have SSH available to enable on the camera.
should i get in with admin and password or root and password ?
if i use root and password nothing happens and connection stops

Mount

cd /mnt/nfs00

To copy the mtd files

cat /dev/mtdblock5 > temp5
cat /dev/mtdblock6 > temp6

Change the flag bytes using HxD editior,
Then putting them back with the changed block:

cat temp5 > /dev/mtdblock5
cat temp6 > /dev/mtdblock6
Reboot

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i do not understand putty ! After writing this on putty
cat /dev/mtdblock5 > temp5
cat /dev/mtdblock6 > temp6
where can i found this saved file after????? Or do i have setup seperate directory?

need some help to get the files from the camera to HxD i am not familiar with the strings needed .
Thanks for any help