Disable on-camera alarm sound that goes off every time motion is detected?

DingDong

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings
I am starting to set up my new install: Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/8P NVR with a couple of DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras. So I started with connecting one camera to test the setup. All seems to work fine except that the camera triggers an alarm sound (on the camera itself) as soon as motion is detected (or the camera moved, etc). I went through all the menus and camera settings on the NVR and believe to have removed all alarms settings I could find but the camera alarm sound still goes off as soon as I enter the covered zone.

1/Is it possible that the in-camera settings diverge from the settings allocated in the NVR? Should I not be able to completely configure the camera from the NVR?
2/If so, how do I access the camera through the NVR (I have no PC connected to that network because it is a standalone system)?

Or did I miss a setting somewhere in the camera menu?

Any help greatly appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's the tickbox under 'Linkage method' in the camera web GUI for all the basic and all the smart events that would enable the alarm to sound, example below.
But you may have already covered these.

2/If so, how do I access the camera through the NVR (I have no PC connected to that network because it is a standalone system)?
This is where you would need the NVR to be on the LAN, and for the 'Virtual Host' to be available and enabled in the NVR web GUI.
What version of firmware is on your NVR?

*edit* Having said that about the web GUI and the LAN - I just checked the VGA/HDMI interface on a 7816N-E2 with 3.3.4 firmware, and the 'Audible alarm' linkage method exists in Camera Management to be enabled or not for motion, and also for line crossing and intrusion detection in the VCA submenu.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

DingDong

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply!

My NVR is on firmware 3.3.1 b150422
I have tried to locate the 'Virtual Host' setting but no success. I though I read that the latest firmwares tended to remove features, so I haven't updated the NVR yet. Is the virtual host a 3.3.5 firmware setting?

I will reconnect my camera and review the camera management one more time to see whether I can find the linkage method. The camera menus are not accessible with no camera connected...

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried to locate the 'Virtual Host' setting but no success. I though I read that the latest firmwares tended to remove features, so I haven't updated the NVR yet. Is the virtual host a 3.3.5 firmware setting?
Yes, virtual host is a firmare setting. What features are removed in the latest firmwares?
There is a golden rule when it comes for an original Hik products: always get the latest firmware. In most cases the latest firmware brings a new features and solves bugs.
In your case, update to the latest fw:
NVR: V3.3.4, build 150616
Camera: V5.3.0, build 150814

Now you'll have virtual host features working for sure. For the alarm sound: Go to camera web menu -> Advanced configuration -> Basic alarm -> Other alarm -> under PIR alarm menu disable audible warning tick box.

DingDong

n3wb
Reaction score
Pfew! Many thanks. This alarm was getting really annoying!
These settings were not available using the NVR menu directly nor through the NVR web interface.
I ended hooking up my laptop to one of the NVR ports and assigning a manual IP on the same subnet as the camera. Then I logged directly into the camera and finally these extra menus/settings showed up!
I disabled everything under the PIR menu, and it no longer goes off.
Now I can finally focus on setting the NVR recording up.

Many thanks for all your help!