Dead lechange nk88p042, what now?

Reaction score
Hello!
My neighbors house was struck by lightning and it killed my lechange NVR NK88P042 (exact model in link below). My NVR won't boot from boot screen so I think it's dead. I never liked lechange. I bought it because it had decent cameras and was cheap at the time. I could never get remote viewing to work. Is there a plug and play option NVR I can buy to replace this that will work with my poe cameras? Brands to look at that are more user friendly for a newb such as myself? I could use 1 more camera max. Links to deals or just make/models info is greatly appreciated.

Runs are all cat 5e and go to a poe switch.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello!
My neighbors house was struck by lightning and it killed my lechange NVR NK88P042 (exact model in link below). My NVR won't boot from boot screen so I think it's dead. I never liked lechange. I bought it because it had decent cameras and was cheap at the time. I could never get remote viewing to work. Is there a plug and play option NVR I can buy to replace this that will work with my poe cameras? Brands to look at that are more user friendly for a newb such as myself? I could use 1 more camera max. Links to deals or just make/models info is greatly appreciated.

Runs are all cat 5e and go to a poe switch.

Thanks,
Nathan
Hi @Nathan Seely

Yes iirc we saw a number of deals on Lechange from Frys and the like in the past, and they were Dahua OEMs.

I think those cameras meet ONVIF specs and so you could use Blue Iris VMS on a windows PC if you like .. or you could look for Dahua's VMS to run on a PC ..

another option, if you like to go the NVR route is to check out Andy's deals right now on NVRs ..

Probably a good time also to upgrade the most critical low light camera position with a better larger sensor newer model also ..

1700864665358.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.