dahua website changed?

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking for SD29204T-GN on their website but it is not there. Looks like lots of cameras are no longer there. Any idea what is going on with the SD29204T-GN? Is there a replacement to that camera?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They updated the website for sure. Dont know if i like it. They made everything larger. Big icons/pictures and less info-text under each so its harder to find stuff.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I see they seem to have dropped the word "Turret" as well in favour of "Eyeball".

I don't like the fact you can't filter by eg Starvis. In fact the word no longer appears in any of the title descriptions from what I can see.

Then you can only filter by product series with PTZ's being entirely separated for some reason into their own main category away from Network Cameras.

One point though, it is the international site so whether this is unique or the face of things to come for all the local sites, waits to be seen.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It sucks. Looks to me to be oriented to "Responsive Design" which in plain English means "lets make it so it works better on Mobile phones and adapts to desktop".

In other words, lets make it suck on both platforms....

Oh yeah, and lets take away most text and just use large pictures because the sheeple are basically dumb and have no attention span to actually read shit. :D

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To be fair I've always had a pain in the ass time finding anything on their website anyway. It went from sucky to more sucky! Lol.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"We sell 300 different products. But if you take pictures of each and compare, they look like 7 separate products. So let's make our website picture-only." Great idea.

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a 3rd party website that can help people truly search by specifications? Most of my attempts let me filter by only one or two specs.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the progress we see when 90% of the world is using their phones and tablets for web viewing.
The new site is horrid.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Completely agree. But, as there is no chance to back up, so just neeed to get used to it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My biggest complaint about the 'new' website is that they have broken 90% of the inbound links to products on their website. I think this is a more recent change than the changes they made earlier this month. Breaking all your inbound links is a great way to give your competitors a boost. :facepalm:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Allow me to amend my previous comment. They've also managed to break many internal links between pages on the dahua website.

The timing is great too as I don't like the odds they get their act together before Chinese New Year so it will probably be June before they get their train-wreck of a website sorted out if we're lucky (I know chinese new year isn't that long).

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hopefully someone deleted the new site and they are restoring the old site as we speak lol.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems every web site update they have been dumbing it down. Alot of documentation seems to disappear and reappear. Sometimes you can't even pull the main specs page for a given cam.

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those of you having issues ... start from this link, then you can drill down to your camera model. You won't be able to save the individual links and reuse them, but you can at least get to the old www1 references manually.