dahua website changed?

Reaction score
For those of you having issues ... start from this link, then you can drill down to your camera model. You won't be able to save the individual links and reuse them, but you can at least get to the old www1 references manually.
No link seems to work. I'm running the latest Firefox (57.0) and have tried IE 11.0 and get this bullshit. Anyone else?
Capture.JPG

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got that yesterday with Safari. Said my ie was out of date.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I get it with Google Chrome, Firefox and IE and none of their links work, only to MS Edge or Google Chrome downloads.

It appears the HTML is boogered and only displays that screen. Some poor bastard web designer is possibly in big trouble when he or she comes in Monday!

They probably intend to use some HTML5 which IE renders poorly in many areas.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can we submit feedback to Dahua?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No link seems to work. I'm running the latest Firefox (57.0) and have tried IE 11.0 and get this bullshit. Anyone else?
View attachment 26292
yeah I posted the same thing last night in another thread. It looks like somebody hard coded it to display this.

I was thinking of faxing them a copy of this screenshot. Maybe with a note that they've broken their website so badly they might as well be redirecting all traffic to hanwhasecurity.com

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
It didn't occur to me initially, but it's possible Dahua has been hacked. The only option you have is to download from one of the links, even though you already have the latest version. Good way to get ransomware/malware out into the world. Seen it before.

Oh, and their North American site is a freaking joke in it's product selection. Just glad we have Andy to rely on, and AliExpress (Empiretec/BEC).

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully they finally realized how truly fucked up their new web redesign was and fired the droid who designed it and are looking for the backup tapes for a copy of the old site..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just tested to see if it's IP related, and it apparently is. Using an external VPN provider I connected to Hong Kong and launched Chrome again. Had no trouble getting on the usual International site at www.dahuasecurity.com
Tried the same thing connecting to a US VPN provider's site, and got the usual pop-up in Chrome.
Yep it's a geo block. Loads fine out of Europe too.

Way to go Dahua your competitors thank you. #DahuaFail

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sites back but links are messed up.
Now US visitors get bounced to us.dahuasecurity.com which is actually running on wordpress.

You can choose to view the international site again from the globe icon at the top. The www1. sub domain doesn't redirect anywhere and the link structure has changed so most of the links to their site from here are non-functional.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears some of their us pages are the handiwork of this guy:
scottywcreates.com
absolutely NOT an endorsement.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you go to the international site though most of the product links will just redirect you back to the US page. You have to do copy link location, paste it and add ?us to the end to get them to load.